HP Forums

Full Version: 41C wand--how fussy should it be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased an 82153A wand recently, my first 41C wand, but I've used similar HP reflective optical wands in the past, with and without the sapphire tip. This particular wand won't read any of the barcodes printed from the wand manual available in the museum document set, even codes for single keystrokes. The manual scan is fairly high resolution, and the printed barcodes look pretty decent to my eyes. The wand will, however, read barcodes printed from the PPC DVD. Is this to be expected, or do I have a marginal wand? Also, is there a high-resolution PDF somewhere of the barcode sheets that came with the wand? Thanks.
I do not know if it helps, but there is an online barcode generator .
(02-07-2016 08:06 PM)boniholmes Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know if it helps, but there is an online barcode generator .

Hey, that's really cool. Thanks. I wonder how many other 41C-related hidden gems there are across the web that I don't know about. I was able to scan those codes, although I had to retry a couple of the lines. I'd just like to know how typical the performance of this wand is.
You welcome. I do not even remember how I found it, anyway, I am a google-worm, so chances are I just bumped into it by doing some search for other topics. I am glad that your wand seems to be functioning.
Reference URL's