HP Forums

Full Version: Hypothetical WP 35S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-27-2016 09:29 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote: [ -> ]The Cortex-M4 type controller used in the upcoming DM-42L has much more memory. The NXP LPC54102 Cortex-M4 controller (as an example) has 512KB of Flash and 104KB of RAM. That would not only work for Free42 but it likely be a good candidate for a WP34s port and the WP43s project. The only real drawback (for some) would be the landscape layout.
This is excellent news (There is a compatible better CPU for the Swiss Micros design).
Speaking only for myself, I actually PREFER a landscape layout to the portrait layout, because I can use two thumbs to press buttons faster than with one finger.

Thanks for the great news and the quick reply, Barry
Landscape would be my preferred choice, though I have none yet.
Just thinking... our human vision already works in landscape mode (135 degrees vertical vs. 180 degrees horizontal field of view 8^)
Besides, human hands 'were designed' to cooperate in landscape mode, rather than portrait mode, haven't they?
BR MfG +
Don Luigi
I think there's another option for hardware: Take the 41CL approach by replacing the hardware of some existing calculator.

And regarding RPL, keep in mind that "RPL" is many things: an operating system, an interpretter, a low level language, a high level language, and who knows what else.

For an RPN calculator, the interesting part is the language itself. RPL is very compact, so it may be possible to implement an RPN calculator using RPL in a small footprint.
(03-07-2016 03:04 AM)David Hayden Wrote: [ -> ]For an RPN calculator, the interesting part is the language itself. RPL is very compact, so it may be possible to implement an RPN calculator using RPL in a small footprint.

IIRC, the 42s was done this way: a RPN calculator coded in SysRPL.
(03-07-2016 06:19 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2016 03:04 AM)David Hayden Wrote: [ -> ]For an RPN calculator, the interesting part is the language itself. RPL is very compact, so it may be possible to implement an RPN calculator using RPL in a small footprint.

IIRC, the 42s was done this way: a RPN calculator coded in SysRPL.

I believe all the Pioneer/Clamshell models (10B/BII/BII+,14B,17B/BII/BII+G/BII+S,18C,19B/BII,20S,21S,22S,27S,32S,32SII,42S and of course 28C and 28S) were built on SysRPL.

Not so sure about the 30S,33S,35S models. Though positioned as successors to the 32SII, they were outsourced (China) so likely not SysRPL.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's