HP Forums

Full Version: HP-67 replace plastic "sheet" under keyboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the middle of doing a card reader gummy wheel fix for the card reader on my HP-67 (waiting for the O-rings in the post). Everything works other than the card reader, but there is a clear plastic sheet under the keyboard that I think is mainly for protection (minor spills perhaps?). It is worn, although not torn other than the hole that "keys" it to its position.

Is it possible to replace this sheet - what I mean by this is: is there anything special about the sheet that would prevent me simply replacing it with another, say, piece of plastic sheet from almost anywhere? I ask because I cannot afford to experiment with this calculator.


-Nothing special.
-yes it can be replaced.
-yes, any sheet of plastic with similar 'feel' (thickness).

Reference URL's