HP Forums

Full Version: HP Prime reboots randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have searched through the forum but I haven´t seen any solution to my problem. I bought my HP Prime NW280AA one month ago. I updated the firmware and the calculator works great but sometimes it reboots itself. The reboot doesn´t happen with any specific app or command. It´s just sometimes while working out for example linear equations,before pressing enter, the screen turns black and it turns on again but there is no trace of the work I had been doing. This reboot may happen 5 minutes after turning it on or half an hour later. It´s random. I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you.
Update the firmware, if that keeps happening and you are not doing anything contact support. If the device reboots when doing something: that's normal, it is by design.
I´ve already got the last firmware installed (8151). Should I reinstall it? It reboots sometimes when doing something. Is that really normal? haha
Tried with ON+Apps+Esc yet ?
I have just done the ON+Apps+Esc. Hope that works.
Quote:It reboots sometimes when doing something. Is that really normal?
That's the way the Prime's firmware has been behaving since the beginning, indeed.
Don't worry, firmware revision 8151 is quite a bit more robust (as well as quite a bit more featureful, obviously) than the first public revisions, from the summer of 2013 Smile
Mine reboots on solving this exp inequation:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-490...l#pid43817 ;-)
Reference URL's