HP Forums

Full Version: HP82240A Hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone familiar with the early variants of the 82240A Hardware?

Existing Documentation (the very fine T.Duell schematics) show a KA2183 device as the IR front end IC.

I've disassembled an 82240A and the IR front end is a TDA3047. I have the datasheet for this part, and am curious about the subsequent circuitry in the printer. It appears that the output of the TDA3047 connects to the base of a TO92pkg transistor. Before sliding down the circuit re-construction path, I would be curious is anyone else has traced this circuit and can share their findings.

Thanks,
TomC
(01-20-2014 06:56 PM)TomC Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone familiar with the early variants of the 82240A Hardware?

Existing Documentation (the very fine T.Duell schematics) show a KA2183 device as the IR front end IC.

I've disassembled an 82240A and the IR front end is a TDA3047. I have the datasheet for this part, and am curious about the subsequent circuitry in the printer. It appears that the output of the TDA3047 connects to the base of a TO92pkg transistor. Before sliding down the circuit re-construction path, I would be curious is anyone else has traced this circuit and can share their findings.

Thanks,
TomC

I have seen, but not for long enough to reverse-engineer it, a version of the printer using the TDA3047. It may be the -A uses that IC, the -B uses the KA2183.

The TDA3047, as I guess you've found, was a Philips IC. I have at least one data book that includes it. The transistor you mention is probably just a buffer/inverter.
Tony:

Thanks; given time, I may investigae how much of the remaining circuitry is similar to the KA2143 type design.

Regards,
Tomc
Reference URL's