HP Forums

Full Version: exponents, HP50g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes I get weird results which look like
e^(h²*e^(n*ln H))
which is equal to
e^(H²*H^N)

Could the HP50g simplify this first result itself? What would be the key-sequence to make the HP50g simplify the result?

Sorry I can not make a photo of the display. Hope it is understandable.
(09-05-2015 03:12 PM)tigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I get weird results which look like
e^(h²*e^(n*ln H))
which is equal to
e^(H²*H^N)

Could the HP50g simplify this first result itself? What would be the key-sequence to make the HP50g simplify the result?

The command you want is EXP2POW (exponential to power). The key sequence is left-shift 6 (CONVERT), F4 (REWRITE), F3 (EXP2POW).

I personally find the tiny program << TSIMP EXP2POW >> to be so helpful for simplifying messy algebraic expressions with exponentials in them, that I keep it assigned to a key.
great,
thanks,
it works
(09-05-2015 05:52 PM)tigger Wrote: [ -> ]great,
thanks,
it works

How can I find the program << TSIMP EXP2POW >>?
(09-05-2015 06:15 PM)tigger Wrote: [ -> ]How can I find the program << TSIMP EXP2POW >>?

TSIMP is found on the calculator. EXP2POW is also on the calculator. The statement
Code:

<< TSIMP EXP2POW >>
is the program you would run, presumably you'd have an expression in the stack first.

Look up how to write a program in UserRPL, in Chapter 21 in the UserGuide. Some of the chapter may refer to earlier material in the book.

(Post prime 7)

Regards, BrickViking
Reference URL's