HP Forums

Full Version: HP48 Insight II - JULIA Program wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm looking for the following program by Bill Wickes (from his book HP48SX Insight Vol2)

the JULIA program written in assembly language (see p.506, chapter 15.8.1)

Anyone have a copy of this materials ?

Thanks
Bruno
[Image: Insights.JPG]
(06-27-2015 09:16 PM)Allen Wrote: [ -> ]Image of UserRPL code

Yeah, I almost did the same thing. In the text of this section of the book, Wickes notes that "...if a person were to write this same program in assembler, it would be 50 times faster..." so Bruno is looking for someone that may have re-written it in assembler. Um...good luck.
I might have been able to do that a few years ago, but it would take me a some time now to get back into Saturn Assembly! Good Catch!
(06-27-2015 10:34 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015 09:16 PM)Allen Wrote: [ -> ]Image of UserRPL code

Yeah, I almost did the same thing. In the text of this section of the book, Wickes notes that "...if a person were to write this same program in assembler, it would be 50 times faster..." so Bruno is looking for someone that may have re-written it in assembler. Um...good luck.

Yes, I think Bill Wickes itself write the code :

He said :

"... it is possible to write an assembly language version of JULIA that is fifteen times as fast as the user-language version. This zoom [...] was computed with 255 itérations per point..."

Since 255 itérations per point for the entire screen may require a month in UserRPL...
Reference URL's