HP Forums

Full Version: Storing data in Vars of the Geometry App?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After having used the Prime for some weeks now, writing some tiny programs to check the possibilities I yesterday decided to write something like the taylordemo. I have this program on my 49G+ and used it from time to time to show one of my pupils how good this series is, even for small values for the degree of the polynomial. As an animation is a good choice for demonstration
my choice fell to the geometry app, as there "element(...)" can be used for animations.
I copied the app as described in the manual, entered a function, a slider, plotfunc twice, one for the original, one for the series, switched to plot and it worked. Now I wanted to change values at start, give the user the possibility to enter the function, the center and the degree by himself, so I added a view to input data, all this works fine, but how do I then save the data to the fields in my app? I tried from "Home" and from "CAS" with GB:=12 and with Taylorani.GB:=12, that did not work, the value was unchanged set to 10. The other way round it works, when I enter GB I retrieve the correct value from Taylorani, this even works from other Apps using the Namespace, i.e. Taylorani.GB.
Perhaps someone can help me, maybe I overread it when I went through the manual, maybe this is not (yet) possible.
Thanks
Arno
See the the geometry functions Instruction, DelInstruction, etc. You'll find them in the toolbox->app->geometry menu from memory.
Thank you Tim, I will try that later.
Arno
Quite interesting is the fact that "Instruction" is not to be found in the Manual from 2014.12.3, but oncalc help is quite informative, an new User Guide would be helpful. Perhaps even something like the AUG which I owned for my HP48 and made myself for the 49G+, I even would pay €40-50 for that, here a loose-leaf file seems useful.
Arno
Well, due to translation times the full manual trails the software some. I believe it is in the next one.
Well, this turned out to work fine, thanks Tim, but for convenience reasons I simply did something like "Instruction(3) in CAS and got the string:
"GD:= element(0,15,3.0); // 00000000) v(1) a(t(2) s(5) p(1) b(0) e(10) S(1)) "
where clearly "GD:=" had to be deleted. I reused this string after the necessary modifications. My question now is: What is the meaning of the additional parameters, clearly the first one is the color, v(1) seems to be visibility and the rest?
Finally I thought Geometry bases on CAS and INPUT does not work there (I haven't tried that till now), here it works fine.
Arno
Hello,

What most people do not realize is that GA, GB... contain the RESULT of the evaluation of the various lines of instructions present in the geometry symbolic view.
so, doing GA:=point(1,1) means that GA contains the calculated value of point(1,1), not 'point(1,1)'... a little bit like if F1(X) was containing a function NOT dependent on (X).

This is why the Instructions function is there, to allow you to modify the instruction list.

to get back to your question, when accessing Instruction in a textual fashion, the syntax is from memory:

Name:=function // c(color) v(0/1) p(0-7) f(0/1) t(0/1) l(0/1) t(f(font) d(dpi) x() y()) a(t(0-3) s(0-15) p(0-15) b(real), e(real), S(real))
where v is for visible
p is plot type (used for points)
f is filled
t is traced
l is legend visible
t is for text positioning with font, dpi, x and y positions provided
a is for animations with type (none, once, loop, back and forth), s for speed, p for pause, b/e/S for begin, end and Step

Cyrille
(06-15-2015 06:01 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

so, doing GA:=point(1,1) means that GA contains the calculated value of point(1,1), not 'point(1,1)'... a little bit like if F1(X) was containing a function NOT dependent on (X).

This is why the Instructions function is there, to allow you to modify the instruction list.

to get back to your question, when accessing Instruction in a textual fashion, the syntax is from memory:

Name:=function // c(color) v(0/1) p(0-7) f(0/1) t(0/1) l(0/1) t(f(font) d(dpi) x() y()) a(t(0-3) s(0-15) p(0-15) b(real), e(real), S(real))
where v is for visible
p is plot type (used for points)
f is filled
t is traced
l is legend visible
t is for text positioning with font, dpi, x and y positions provided
a is for animations with type (none, once, loop, back and forth), s for speed, p for pause, b/e/S for begin, end and Step

Cyrille

Thank you Cyrille, I knew that it are additional parameters, in former times I would have tried to find out about them by myself, but as time goes by one becomes more and more lazy.
Arno
Reference URL's