HP Forums

Full Version: HP 15C iPhone app blinking numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[reposted from the HP support forum at the suggestion of a user there]

I recently got an iPhone 4s and bought the 15C app to complement my "hardcopy" 15C (purchased in 1983 and still going strong).

When I run a program on the app that is step-for-step identical to one on my calculator, it gives me blinking numbers when it's done. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?
(01-11-2014 12:06 AM)Lammergeier Wrote: [ -> ][reposted from the HP support forum at the suggestion of a user there]

I recently got an iPhone 4s and bought the 15C app to complement my "hardcopy" 15C (purchased in 1983 and still going strong).

When I run a program on the app that is step-for-step identical to one on my calculator, it gives me blinking numbers when it's done. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

Same here.

Code:

001-  f LBL A
002-    +
003-    GTO A
That's Gene Wright's Calculator Benchmark (Loops of addition).

1 ENTER ENTER ENTER GSB A

On my HP-15C LE I get, when pressing R/S after one minute,

On the HP app I get

1,053,242.000 (blinking)

That is, about 20 times faster than my real 15C LE and about 3,000 times faster than my original HP-15C from 1983. I don't mind the blinking display, but this format is useless to me. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent of the ON/. command? Thanks!

Gerson.
(01-11-2014 12:06 AM)Lammergeier Wrote: [ -> ]When I run a program on the app that is step-for-step identical to one on my calculator, it gives me blinking numbers when it's done. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

These same symptoms also on iPad3 and iPod5g
Shouldn't this be discussed at another sub-forum? Not quite HP Calculators - but related "is the place to discuss emulators, simulators, third party firmware like WP34s, and non-HP RPN calculators". I have started a new thread there, since this appears to be more appropriate.
OK, I've moved it.
Reference URL's