HP Forums

Full Version: Units in CAS mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I've tried learning how to use the prime unit system properly but failed miserably.
I checked the user guide .pdf and they had an example:
[Image: ef73d75b39.png]
Well, I tried this with the emulator and here's what happened:
[Image: e26bb161bf.png]
Uhh, that's a bit weird, how about in the normal non-cas mode:
[Image: 8fd1136437.png]
Seems to work fine, but wait! This works in cas mode:
[Image: 39b9703f17.png]
That's a bit odd, isn't it?

Alright, well next up unit conversion.
CAS:
[Image: 7032f33752.png]
Fails, how about the non-cas mode?
[Image: 299394992d.png]
Doesn't make any sense.

MKSA?
[Image: 7414125862.png]
NOPE, works fine in normal non-cas though.
Same with USIMPLIFY..

So, why can I not use units properly in cas mode?
There are a few differences in usage between Home and CAS units. Instead of "in" you must use "inch" (see http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1611.html).

You get the correct result but the original command line is mangled in the results screen:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2040]

As for the CONVERT and MKSA examples, I have no problems.
Try doing that from Home View!
(05-16-2015 11:10 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote: [ -> ][Image: attachment.php?aid=2040]
As for the CONVERT and MKSA examples, I have no problems.

How can you get the conversion working? All the CAS spits out is "Error: Unmatch control word".
[Image: 9eef8a8e48.png]

Spybot Wrote:Try doing that from Home View!
It works fine in the home view yes, but my question was, why does it not work properly in the cas mode?
(05-16-2015 11:10 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote: [ -> ]As for the CONVERT and MKSA examples, I have no problems.

Well, it works well if you pick the MKSA from the Units>Tools menu, there seems to be a display bug if the MKSA command comes from the Toolbox Catalog:

[Image: a0ph19]

This is only a display bug because if you select the result and copy it to the command with a double tap, it is the correct one:

[Image: a0ph1a] [Image: a0ph1b]

On the physical Prime I get a different exponent: 112 instead of 69. I have the latest firmware rev. 7820.
(05-17-2015 07:26 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2015 11:10 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote: [ -> ]As for the CONVERT and MKSA examples, I have no problems.

Well, it works well if you pick the MKSA from the Units>Tools menu, there seems to be a display bug if the MKSA command comes from the Toolbox Catalog:

[Image: a0ph19]

This is only a display bug because if you select the result and copy it to the command with a double tap, it is the correct one:

[Image: a0ph1a] [Image: a0ph1b]

On the physical Prime I get a different exponent: 112 instead of 69. I have the latest firmware rev. 7820.

Does not work for me on either prime or emualtor, even if I select it from the toolbox.
[Image: e57f415af4.png]
I've no clue why it is not working for you. Do you have the latest firmware version (7820)?

On a side note, you can do screen captures directly from the emulator or the connectivity kit.
Reference URL's