HP Forums

Full Version: New Version: 2015.0427
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-15-2015 05:57 PM)Archanus Wrote: [ -> ]Heeey Salvo Smile !!!

Yes I saw your contribution of Fourier Transform but I did not understand :/ I realized that Fourier a, b & c are in the catalog Smile But Why not Tim put that command in the CAS-Calculus-Transform??? :/ It's more confortable to have there: Laplace; Inverse Laplace; Fourier; Inverse Fourier; FFT; Inverse FFT Smile !!!

And also the Multiple System Equation Solver of any grade Smile It would be so great if we can drag, copy and paste in CAS I mean you hold for 2 seconds and I can appear a menu that said: Copy, Move. Or simply you can select what you want like Classpad 2 Smile

I would like to create a Thread with all the Wishlist of the dear people for our powerful HP Prime Smile !![/color]
[/color]

hey,
my program gives the same result of the commands inside the FW (but they are more helpful), with a difference of /2 in some cases (that's normal, as the theory...).
Those coefficient are more useful for Fourier Analysis, however the analysis is a part of the classic transform (see here), and we need a program to calculate the integral for the transform, as we have the FFT (fast Fourier transform) in the Prime...

I agree for Multiple System Equation Solver... maybe in the future...
I thank always Tim, who read our posts and he's so kind to give us attention, but I know the Team must consider too many things making the firmware, and that the list of wishes is ...too long Smile

Salvo
Yes, Salvo! The todo List is long. And it is easy to be disappointed if your wishes don't conform to mainstream or educational demands.
It is a hard job. Maybe the dev team would have other priorities or would have chosen different solutions from the start.... it is not easy for them. If people are disappointed its them who feel like the target of complains.
So a big thank is really needed! I hope my wishes will be heard one day, too! I will try to communicate understandably!

btw big thanks to parisse and user han, too. They do a lot to help people. (same is true for you btw. I can FEEL that you want to share everything you know and everything you learn. You are a ham man, right? Many people keep the distance of knowledge)
(05-15-2015 07:45 PM)leprechaun Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Salvo! The todo List is long.

btw big thanks to parisse and user han, too. They do a lot to help people. (same is true for you btw. I can FEEL that you want to share everything you know and everything you learn. You are a ham man, right? Many people keep the distance of knowledge)

oh yes, I'm a Ham (OM) also...
I've the pleasure to share what I learnt with the forum people, hoping that my interests could also like to them Smile
i.e. for Statistics (I've just now put together the statistic's distributions in the section of the Forum dedicated to the software) or Linear Algebra, Vectorial Calculus and so on...

And yes, me too: I would thank Parisse, Han, Tim, and so on to have also the patience to hear ours for the long, long wishlist :-)
In the last upgrade a lot of our requests are been included, for example...

Salvo
(05-15-2015 08:01 PM)salvomic Wrote: [ -> ]And yes, me too: I would thank Parisse, Han, Tim, and so on to have also the patience to hear ours for the long, long wishlist :-)

Yes without your explanation Han I think I will never put myself to program this prime. Thank's to M. Parisse and Renee De Graeve for their wonderful pdf http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pari...prime2.pdf, Tim, Cyrille for their patient listening. And finally... the whole marketing team to their colors choice..............
Is there a translation of that document available? Yes, I took two years of french at school, but with Little success. Shame on me! French plus latin is a killer during puperty.....
If have a vague idea of what they say. ;-)
(05-15-2015 08:53 PM)leprechaun Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a translation of that document available? Yes, I took two years of french at school, but with Little success. Shame on me! French plus latin is a killer during puperty.....
If have a vague idea of what they say. ;-)

Sorry I don't know if an english version exist...

Note that I have just change the link in the previous post... Newer version with these new link...
Sorry, there is no English version. But if someone want to translate it, there is a partial English documentation of Xcas that could help:
http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~pari...cascmd_en/
(05-15-2015 05:57 PM)Archanus Wrote: [ -> ]...
I would like to create a Thread with all the Wishlist of the dear people for our powerful HP Prime Smile !![/b][/color]
Hello Archanus,
there is a wishlist created by eried at HP Prime Calculator bugs and suggestions
URL: http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2e...d=noscript
Feel free to add your suggestions, and vote for the existing entries.
Quote:7. Return something simple for things like sqrt(3)*(2*x)^(1/3)/(3x)^(1/4)

It´s curious the way of simplification if you type the expression using ntrooth or fraction exponents.

[Image: expression_zpsrrup1yxc.png]
Quote:9. Resolved issue with limit((tan(x)-x)/x^3,x=inf)

I cannot get any result on this limit. Only this error message:

[Image: limit_zpsyxfiq8wr.png]
Quote:10. Resolved issue with int(1/sin(x^-1))

I cannot solve this integral.

[Image: integral_zpswntsb1qo.png]
(05-16-2015 03:51 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:9. Resolved issue with limit((tan(x)-x)/x^3,x=inf)

I cannot get any result on this limit. Only this error message:

also here...
(05-16-2015 03:58 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:10. Resolved issue with int(1/sin(x^-1))

I cannot solve this integral.

However also Wolfram for this integral (and for limit((tan(x)-x)/x^3,x=inf)) gives no result at all...

Salvo
(05-16-2015 04:06 PM)salvomic Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2015 03:58 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot solve this integral.

However also Wolfram for this integral (and for limit((tan(x)-x)/x^3,x=inf)) gives no result at all...
XCas gives for the integral \( \int \frac{1}{\sin\left(x^{-1}\right)}\, dx \) and for the limit \( (0,x,+\infty) \)
Sure prof. Parisse could tell us more about them (thanks in advance!)...

Salvo
(05-16-2015 04:58 PM)phgerin Wrote: [ -> ]See here : http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2858.html

yes Tim, in fact now the integral of sin(x)^-1 doesn't crash more, however -as I said above - its result is unresolved also in Wolfram Alpha...

for the limit of tangent I don't remember the question.

Salvo
(05-16-2015 04:58 PM)phgerin Wrote: [ -> ]See here : http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2858.html

Understood. I thought "Resolved issue" meant there was a solution. Anyway I have only detected these two cases (limit and integral), where the resolved issue is not to crash the unit.

I must say a big thank you for HP team. These firmwares makes the calculator growing and getting value. Everytime an update appears, it seems I get a new calculator. I have so much fun. I´m waiting for next update.
(05-16-2015 10:24 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]

[...] Everytime an update appears, it seems I get a new calculator. I have so much fun. I´m waiting for next update.

I totally agree!!! Big Grin
(05-16-2015 10:24 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]Understood. I thought "Resolved issue" meant there was a solution. Anyway I have only detected these two cases (limit and integral), where the resolved issue is not to crash the unit.

maybe some results could be, Parisse could tell us... For now better have a symbolic result that an erratic one...

(05-16-2015 10:56 PM)mandresve Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2015 10:24 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ][...] Everytime an update appears, it seems I get a new calculator. I have so much fun. I´m waiting for next update.

I totally agree!!! Big Grin

me too :-)
I'm looking forward for a new firmware, let's hope with the issue in Define and "error object" solved, but ...again a big thanks to the Team: the actual is sure a big update!

Salvo
(05-15-2015 01:14 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, it is not available on XP...

What bothers me is that the software installs under XP but does not run. There are ways to tell the installer what the minimum required operating system version is and refuse the installation in case the prerequisites aren't met.

The dynamic call solution is a nice idea though.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's