HP Forums

Full Version: HP 35s won't turn on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had this calculator for about a year. Recently it refused to turn on. One day it was fine, the next it seemed dead. New batteries don't make any difference. Is there a trick when this happens, or is this device repairable? One good thing, though; this prompted me to find a 41CV on eBay, which is in good shape. I have already programmed a feet and inches converter/calculator, since my work on industrial fired heaters involves doing take-offs from a lot of old equipment.
(03-11-2015 02:30 AM)Mackpeirson Wrote: [ -> ]I had this calculator for about a year. Recently it refused to turn on. One day it was fine, the next it seemed dead. New batteries don't make any difference. Is there a trick when this happens, or is this device repairable? One good thing, though; this prompted me to find a 41CV on eBay, which is in good shape. I have already programmed a feet and inches converter/calculator, since my work on industrial fired heaters involves doing take-offs from a lot of old equipment.

Try shorting the battery terminals together ( plus to minus ) to totally drain any charge left. Do this to both. Then insert new batteries. Sometimes this is all it takes.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't yield any results either. It seems as if I press random keys, sometimes I get a brief display on the LCD that shows most or all of the indicator and notification icons, but it doesn't last.

Maybe this is not worth worrying about, now that I have a replacement 41CV that works just fine. Still, it is frustrating.

Any point in disassembling the calculator to see if something is loose?

Maybe I should just donate it to someone who needs parts.
Reference URL's