HP Forums

Full Version: WP34s 20b Repurposed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-22-2015 03:29 PM)John Galt Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2015 02:05 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote: [ -> ]If possible to make a 34s from a 20B or 30B, therefore is it possible to make a 30b from a 20b? (30b ROM upload to the 20b)??

I suppose it's theoretically possible, but you would need the 30b's ROM code, which Marcus von Cube states is HP's intellectual property.

Well protected IP I must say. You can load the image in an HP 20b but it will stay an HP 20b. The 30b functions are not available. I assume there is some hidden trick to identify the actual hardware and disable certain features depending on it.
IIRC, Tim Wessmann told us some months ago how the 20b and 30b differ. There is a little difference in the HW under the blob AFAIK.

d:-)
(02-22-2015 07:08 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, Tim Wessmann told us some months ago how the 20b and 30b differ. There is a little difference in the HW under the blob AFAIK.
Yep, see here:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-243...l#pid21873

It should be possible to identify the difference specifically probing for it in a debug firmware. Afterwards, it may or may not be possible to devise a hardware modification to eliminate this difference.

Greetings,

Matthias
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's