HP Forums

Full Version: HP Prime Tunnel Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure why I never posted this before since it came out a long while ago (before the calc even came out), but this is the official release of my HP Prime port of my HP 39gII Tunnel clone written in BASIC, now adapted for the larger screen and color display. It is probably the first ever game ever made available for download for this calculator model.

It isn't meant to show coding skills, especially considering the game was made before my knowledge of the DIMGROB_P and BLIT_P commands (although an intro transition using them was added afterward), but as you'll see on-calc, even if I have to refresh the entire screen content every frame, I still get insane FPS. Because of how incredibly fast this calc is, this is why I manage to get such high framerate even with redrawing the entire screen rectangles and score text every frame. As for the multicolor and 3D-ish text effects, they are possible because the HP Prime lets you use text with no background, so all you have to do is superpose multiple copies of that text, gradually changing its color and position through a FOR loop. This also lets you use bold text. To play, just use the UP and DOWN keys and quit with ON. Here is a Youtube video by Critor of it running on a real calc, but the text color is different and it runs a little slower, since it's an older version:

The screen capture is more up to date:
[Image: tunnelprime.png]
Update: The game now runs almost at the same speed on the emulator and the G2 HP Prime as it did on the G1 HP Prime. It's not perfect, so the speed might still be a bit different but at least the game should be playable on all platforms now. I also slowed the game down a little bit since it was incredibly hard.
Reference URL's