HP Forums

Full Version: (71B) HP 82488A Data Communications Pac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been searching and can't find any documentation on what this module really does. I'm guessing provides commands for using a modem??

I have the version 7 DVD but no docs and I just upgraded (today) to version 8 but I still don't see the manual listed.

thanks.
(02-01-2015 12:45 AM)thegoldbug Wrote: [ -> ]I've been searching and can't find any documentation on what this module really does. I'm guessing provides commands for using a modem??

I have the version 7 DVD but no docs and I just upgraded (today) to version 8 but I still don't see the manual listed.

thanks.

A PDF scan of the manual is available on the HP Computer Museum Documentation page at http://www.hpmuseum.net.

82488-90001_HP-71_DataCommsPac_82488A_OwnersManual_96pages_Oct85.pdf

There are a number of HP-75 and HP-71 documents available there that are not contained on the MoHPC documentation thumb drive.
Thanks for the super fast reply and useful link and information.

The module is used to hook up to Dow Jones, and other "terminals/timeshares" via the HP-IL modem or thru the HP-IL RS232C.

thegoldbug
(02-01-2015 01:31 AM)thegoldbug Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the super fast reply and useful link and information.

The module is used to hook up to Dow Jones, and other "terminals/timeshares" via the HP-IL modem or thru the HP-IL RS232C.

thegoldbug

Someone posted, a couple (?) years ago, that none of the services this connects to still exist. It would seem he spent time trying. Must have taken a lonnnng time. For each call.
Reference URL's