HP Forums

Full Version: Bug in Spreadsheet (6940)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matrix in cell B3 should be calculated by the CAS. However, it is not.
Am curious how you managed to have the matrix in cell A1 displayed as a 2x2 matrix? I can only manage a single line: [[1, 2], [5,7]].
(12-11-2014 12:03 AM)mbeddo Wrote: [ -> ]Am curious how you managed to have the matrix in cell A1 displayed as a 2x2 matrix? I can only manage a single line: [[1, 2], [5,7]].

To display matrix in Textbook mode select cells and press Format/9 Textbook/2 Yes'

To write matrix in single cell I use single quotes (Shift and key with brackets ())
Please grab a copy of your app through the connkit and send it to me so we can try to take a look. <myname_no_dots_spaces>@hp.com

I haven't been able to reproduce this any way I've tried.
(12-11-2014 05:38 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]Please grab a copy of your app through the connkit and send it to me so we can try to take a look. <myname_no_dots_spaces>@hp.com

I haven't been able to reproduce this any way I've tried.

I sending my spreadsheet application.
Hello,

I do know what is happening there...

the evaluation IS done in the CAS, but the result is then returned into the numeric world...

Now, most CAS stuff transfers into the numeric world with no issues, no changes...
but there is ONE thing that does not do so, it's symbolic matrices... They do not transfert. And this is exactly the case that we are in here...

One thing that you can do, even if it is not the best would be a mat2list. But this id not such a great workaround.

Wish I had a better answer for you, sorry...

Cyrille
Reference URL's