HP Forums

Full Version: TIME() in RPN Mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using TIME(program_name) to give the running time of programs but it only appears to work in Algebraic mode. In RPN mode, TIME only seems to give the current time. I've tried putting the program name on the stack but no luck. Is there a way to use TIME() while in RPN mode?
(11-22-2014 07:32 AM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using TIME(program_name) to give the running time of programs but it only appears to work in Algebraic mode. In RPN mode, TIME only seems to give the current time. I've tried putting the program name on the stack but no luck. Is there a way to use TIME() while in RPN mode?

Use TIME(1) to time what's already on level 1 and tag the output with _s.
Use time(1) to time what's already on level 1 but leave the output untagged.

In general, use parentheses in RPN mode to specify how many stack levels to use for the input to the function. So to time the program called FRED, do this:

'FRED' Enter
time(1) Enter
(11-22-2014 11:02 AM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]In general, use parentheses in RPN mode to specify how many stack levels to use for the input to the function. So to time the program called FRED, do this:

'FRED' Enter
time(1) Enter
But if your program uses parameters I don't know how it can take them from the stack, you have to pass them inside parentheses:

'FRED(1234)' ENTER
TIME(1) ENTER
Reference URL's