HP Forums

Full Version: is it a good time to buy a new HP Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wondering if HP is coming out with new hardware or new software for the HP Prime any time soon. I am looking to buy another prime, but was hoping HP would be coming out with something new to correct many of the posted bugs and other problems???

currently, what should I be looking for to get the newest model and not someone selling me a "NEW" HP Prime that is an old model...

thanks
(11-21-2014 01:10 PM)resolved Wrote: [ -> ]just wondering if HP is coming out with new hardware or new software for the HP Prime any time soon. I am looking to buy another prime, but was hoping HP would be coming out with something new to correct many of the posted bugs and other problems???

currently, what should I be looking for to get the newest model and not someone selling me a "NEW" HP Prime that is an old model...

thanks

Bugs are often fixed by simply doing a firmware update. I don't think it is necessary to buy new hardware just to get a newer firmware. However, you can determine if the calculator is the newer model based on its product number G8X92AA.
fixing the current bugs and adding some of the suggestions would be great, but like you said that can be handled with a firmware upgrade.

I was hoping that someone might know if HP was coming out with a better keyboard. I use the HP Prime daily and I simply can not read the baby blue lettering against the white background or the pale orange against the white background. I'll wait for a better keyboard before I buy again.
If you're inquiring about the keyboard on the latest hardware rev c, I recently received one as a replacement for a hardware ver a. The keyboard is the same on both.

-Dale-
Reference URL's