HP Forums

Full Version: MY FIRST VOYAGER!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got my first personal voyager, a HP11C.
I used this model just a few times many years ago, but never mine, shared with colleagues on the job.

Now I've checked it works perfectly and it's generally in excellent shape, apart a few scratches on the bezel around the display.
What's the better way to remove them......or, better to leave it "as is" and live in peace Smile ?
Congratulations - an HP-11C is a very nice calc for real world problems. Enjoy! Smile And I'd leave the few scratches as they are: they are part of the history of your 11C.

d:-)
(09-18-2014 05:27 PM)aurelio Wrote: [ -> ]Got my first personal voyager, a HP11C.
I used this model just a few times many years ago, but never mine, shared with colleagues on the job.

Congratulations!

I also have my first voyager (15c LE) in its way home. I cannot wait to have it here!
(09-18-2014 05:27 PM)aurelio Wrote: [ -> ]Got my first personal voyager, a HP11C.
Lucky you!
I'm trying to get one as well to join my HP-15C, but the asking prices in TAS are stratospheric. One's have to be really patient and wait for the good opportunity.

Now I've checked it works perfectly and it's generally in excellent shape, apart a few scratches on the bezel around the display.
What's the better way to remove them......or, better to leave it "as is" and live in peace Smile ?

The HP 11C is a collector's item. I would probably leave it "as is" unless the scratches are really bad.
One chapter of Geoff book should be dedicated to the voyager.
In a thread some years ago he showed how to restore the bezel of his damaged unit. So i think it will be part of the repair bible.

It was on TOF (the old forum) :+) just to add another acronim.

here

I hope it helps,

Giancarlo
Grazie! Thanks for recalling that. Can't wait to get the bible ...

(09-20-2014 04:55 AM)Giancarlo Wrote: [ -> ]It was on TOF (the old forum) :+) just to add another acronim.

Attenzione! You're on a dangerous track. An inhabitant of GOC may call that acronym 'balderdash', you may try to defend it, and guess who will be thrown in the dungeon?

d:-/
(09-20-2014 04:55 AM)Giancarlo Wrote: [ -> ]One chapter of Geoff book should be dedicated to the voyager.
In a thread some years ago he showed how to restore the bezel of his damaged unit. So i think it will be part of the repair bible.

It was on TOF (the old forum) :+) just to add another acronim.

here

I hope it helps,

Giancarlo
really a good link Giancarlo, I missed that post!

Geoff there are no words to descibe your works.......and your skill!
Actually my bezel looks not like the H10c's in the pictures, I have only a few light scratches. But I read that you replaced it with a donor's one, after a brush work..
How could I remove the bezel without to destroy the calculator?
Quote:I am hoping to have this ready for HCC2009 but we shall see if life gets in the way.

Ahem... life, please, get a little out of the way, just a bit, please...

Big Grin
Reference URL's