HP Forums

Full Version: HP 48GX Collector’s Edition (merged) - please don't start two threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dear HP, I would like a new edition of the HP 48GX with the latest corrected ROM version and an improved display. Make it happen. I am not alone with this wish !
(05-04-2023 08:55 AM)M0R33z Wrote: [ -> ]Dear HP, I would like a new edition of the HP 48GX with the latest corrected ROM version and an improved display. Make it happen. I am not alone with this wish !

I don't believe it will ever happen but very much this.
Why not the 50g? Just because of the ENTER key?
(05-04-2023 03:20 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]Why not the 50g? Just because of the ENTER key?

Yes, just because the enter key is enough.

I second the OP..

Cheers

JL
I would certainly prefer a proper (double-width) ENTER key but there is no reason to forgo the full functionality of the 50g.
I'll buy a couple of those 48GX calculators, please. ;-)
(05-04-2023 03:20 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote: [ -> ]Why not the 50g? Just because of the ENTER key?

I dream of transplanting the board of the 50g in the case of a 48. Enter key is a big part of it and the feel of the case is just great.
(05-05-2023 07:23 AM)gwh Wrote: [ -> ]Enter key is a big part of it and the feel of the case is just great.
Yes, and it is way better than the 50g case.
(05-04-2023 08:55 AM)M0R33z Wrote: [ -> ]Dear HP, I would like a new edition of the HP 48GX with the latest corrected ROM version and an improved display. Make it happen. I am not alone with this wish !

I have to agree, the 48GX is probably the pinnacle of (usability + programmability) in an HP calculator. Don't forget double-shot keys!

HP is no longer in the calculator design and manufacturing business.

Namir
I would buy a couple
(05-07-2023 09:18 PM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]

I have to agree, the 48GX is probably the pinnacle of (usability + programmability) in an HP calculator. Don't forget double-shot keys!

If the proposed Swiss Micros RPL calculator ever makes it to market, I really hope that it comes with 48GX and SX faceplates, as well as a 50G faceplate. The critical factor that makes the 48 interaction design work so well in comparison to the 50G was its lack of symbolic capabilities. That positioned the hardware design/software capabilities matrix at a particularly sweet spot.

From a personal perspective, I appreciate a compelling CAS on a calculator, so I think it would be very valuable if the Swiss Micros folk allow customers to easily switch between firmwares as well as faceplates, so that the calculator personality can reflect each of HP's pro line of RPL calculator offerings (inclusive of the 28S for the completist if the UX isn't overly compromised with a radically different hardware design).

It goes without saying that the tank-like heft of HP's 48+ RPL models would be missed by few - save for the most pernickety of purists... Smile
In the off chance it matters please count me in!
Thanks
I'm just wondering if it's possible to bring out an HP48GX Collector's Edition. With all the corrected bugs in the last ROM version. And Black Display.....

These are just a few thoughts :-)
What bugs in the last 48GX ROM version are posing a problem for you?
Please don't misunderstand, different ROM versions were released between 1993-2003. And each one has its own bugs. A final ROM version would then be the logical step if there is a "Collectors Version".

Incidentally, there is a list here with various ROM versions documenting bugs.

https://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/faq/48faq-3.html
First, you just linked me to my own web site. I am well aware of that FAQ.

Second, the last ROM revision for the 48GX came out in the first quarter of 1994. So it's misleading to say different ROM versions were released between 1993 and 2003.

Third, you never answered my question -- what bugs in the last ROM version are causing problems for you that necessitate a new ROM version?
Maybe adding also some of useful applications to the ROM

alg48v42, erable, qpi43, jazz68, Meta Kernel, EQSTK ...
Well, if a HP48GX Collector's Edition would ever be released, I would like see the 4MB bug resolved.
I've just seen that I've written the same title before. OK about the version. I had one with version-P years ago. Now I have the R version. So the last one. I can't tell you any errors in the version. If there are no bugs, then everything is OK. I'm just working from the previous versions. Unless you know of any bugs in the R version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's