HP Forums

Full Version: Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Video

Thanks for the excellent post!

While, to me, any version of 'Wish You Were Here' is worth a look, this one is quite good, and I recommend even casual Pink Floyd fans take a peek.

I assume Floyd Reloaded is a tribute band - where are they from?
Thanks for the clip compsystems. Good use for the old "not remotely" section.
It reminded me to resume holding my breath for the Floyd's new record (October?).
See you on the dark side of the moon. - db
(08-29-2014 06:03 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the clip compsystems. Good use for the old "not remotely" section.
It reminded me to resume holding my breath for the Floyd's new record (October?).

What's your opinion on Pink Floyd with and without Roger Waters? I really like David Gilmour, but Pink Floyd after Roger seems more or less to be just David Gilmour solo. I also like Roger Waters solo, but found "The Final Cut" to be too much like a solo Roger Waters album. I think that this is a case of the whole being more than the sum of the parts. “Dark Side of the Moon” through “The Wall” is the zenith of Pink Floyd for me. Really like the last 2 minutes or so (the instrumental play out) of “Pigs (Three Different Ones)”.

Disclaimer - the above are my opinions only, no offense to any others whose equally valid opinions may differ.
(09-04-2014 05:40 PM)Jeff O. Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2014 06:03 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the clip compsystems. Good use for the old "not remotely" section.

What's your opinion on Pink Floyd with and without Roger Waters? I really like David Gilmour, but Pink Floyd after Roger seems more or less to be just David Gilmour solo. I also like Roger Waters solo, but found "The Final Cut" to be too much like a solo Roger Waters album. I think that this is a case of the whole being more than the sum of the parts. “Dark Side of the Moon” through “The Wall” is the zenith of Pink Floyd for me. The last 2 minutes or so (the instrumental play out) of “Pigs (Three Different Ones)” still gives me goose bumps.

Disclaimer - the above are my opinions only, no offense to any others whose equally valid opinions may differ.

Pink Floyd isn't Pink Floyd without both Waters and Gilmore. That is to say, I agree with you that whole is greater than the sum.

But both bands are well worth seeing, they are filled with amazing musicians. To my taste, Waters seems to be caught up with himslef more than Gilmore, but I'd like to see either at any time. The forthcoming album should be quite interesting too.

Do people, besides me, still buy albums (on CD, that is)?
I think they are better together, with (Snowy White and Caaire Torrey too). I'm going to miss Rick Wright.
My favorite era was Obscured by Cloud - Meddle - Dark Side. Great stuff in either direction too.
(09-04-2014 06:37 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]I think they are better together, with (Snowy White and Caaire Torrey too). I'm going to miss Rick Wright.
My favorite era was Obscured by Cloud - Meddle - Dark Side. Great stuff in either direction too.

Great stuff indeed ... Echoes live at Pompei (in1972 the year of the HP 35).
(09-04-2014 05:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Do people, besides me, still buy albums (on CD, that is)?

Absolutely!
In this era of fast consuming goods it is easy to forget the pleasure of taking the time to buy a new album, carefully open it, then follow all the ritual to play it properly in a decent hi-fi system while reading the liner notes and drinking a good wine, enjoying the privilege of sharing these moments with our preferred friends.

And vinyl is my preferred music medium, which I still buy from time to time. I specially like the limited editions and the "direct to disc" editions using valve/tube gear.
Among other works, I enjoy the studio records using equipment designed/modded by the almost legendary Tim de Paravicini (professional audio/electronics designer) which I met once in one of the annual Hi-Fi News Show in London in the 90's.
(09-04-2014 06:37 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite era was Obscured by Cloud - Meddle - Dark Side. Great stuff in either direction too.

Fantastic short list!
Despite I like all Pink Floyd music since I can remember, those albums are my preferred ones as well, along with a few others like "Atom Heart Mother". "Animals" and "Wish You Were Here".
(09-04-2014 07:41 PM)jebem Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2014 06:37 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite era was Obscured by Cloud - Meddle - Dark Side. Great stuff in either direction too.

Fantastic short list!
Despite I like all Pink Floyd music since I can remember, those albums are my preferred ones as well, along with a few others like "Atom Heart Mother". "Animals" and "Wish You Were Here".

And no Ummagumma lover around?
(09-04-2014 09:06 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]And no Ummagumma lover around?
I'm sure there are a lot of Ummagumma lovers out there Smile
Is it possible we have found a topic about which Walter has no opinion??

Just in case, I added this post using New Reply.

Smile
(09-04-2014 09:55 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible we have found a topic about which Walter has no opinion??

Smile

Maybe...
But I'm staying on the safe side by using the Quote button Smile

(09-04-2014 09:55 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible we have found a topic about which Walter has no opinion??

Smile

Mmmmm...

Careful with that button Robert!

Deeply off the topic of HP and almost away from music:
have any of you Floyd fans heard this?
Fiddle, Banjo, Mandolin, Acoustic Guitar, Dog House Bass.............and Pink Floyd.
Poor Man's Whiskey in Wizard of Oz Costumes do Dark Side of the Moon-shine.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...0D9C3F963D there's a play all button.

Taking the album as part of their body of work, there's no reason not to try it as bluegrass.
I've seen PMW do a couple of these songs at other shows and it really gets the hillbillies dancin'
(09-05-2014 12:18 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile

Mmmmm...

Careful with that button Robert!

Thanks Massimo. That is one of the best song titles of all time; I laughed out loud the first time I heard it. Amazing you found a video. Off to watch it now..
(09-05-2014 01:14 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote: [ -> ]Deeply off the topic of HP and almost away from music:
have any of you Floyd fans heard this?
Fiddle, Banjo, Mandolin, Acoustic Guitar, Dog House Bass.............and Pink Floyd.
Poor Man's Whiskey in Wizard of Oz Costumes do Dark Side of the Moon-shine.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...0D9C3F963D there's a play all button.

Taking the album as part of their body of work, there's no reason not to try it as bluegrass.
I've seen PMW do a couple of these songs at other shows and it really gets the hillbillies dancin'

Lunatics! ;)
(09-04-2014 10:15 PM)jebem Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm staying on the safe side by using the Quote button Smile
Latest trick: Quoting someone using New Reply!

On-topic: Some notes are a little off, right? Sounds a tad dadaistic.
Glad to see that my belated post in this thread kicked off a lot of good discussion.

(09-04-2014 05:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Do people, besides me, still buy albums (on CD, that is)?

Definitely. I find it easier to keep track of a physical object instead of some file on some computer or hard drive somewhere. Also can rip at whatever bit rate I want, and re-rip later at even higher bit-rate if I get a portable device with more memory.

Oh yes, those are awesome too.

(09-04-2014 07:18 PM)jebem Wrote: [ -> ]And vinyl is my preferred music medium, which I still buy from time to time.
I lost my discwasher, so I had to give up on vinyl :-)

I still have a few old albums in a box in the basement, figure I'll let my kids pitch them when I'm gone (along with the old calculators). Pretty sure I have a copy of Roger Waters' "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" on which the hitchhiker's behind on the cover has not been blacked out.
I may be the last man on Earth to see and order a copy.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQKW...UTF8&psc=1
This is kind of hidden. Amazon is trying to steer buyers toward the $31 blue ray + box set instead of the 11 buck cd.

And to help me wait; Im going to http://www.elcampaniltheatre.com/video-h...floyd.html tomorrow.

There's no dark side of the moon, really… matter of fact it's all dark.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's