HP Forums

Full Version: go49g & EMU48 on Samsung S20 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
App works OK but can't access "Load on stack" etc.

Any suggestions?
Just use Emu48. It's a superior emulator.
Thank you, Eric, for the advice.

I have tried to use Emu48 employing an .E49 file that works on my computer & on the phone in the Android app, preserving everything stored in HOME but replacing the libraries in Port 2 with Libraries 226, 227 & 229.

I would dearly like to store my Libraries in Port 2 but when I do that on the App they are deleted on saving the state.

Could you suggest some solution?
I haven't had a problem with that on my Samsung Galaxy S20+. I am able to store libraries in port 2 and have them retained between sessions. (I have libraries 226, 227, 229, 258 [extable], and 993 [Jazz] there.) So I'm not sure what's going wrong for you.

I haven't tried loading an .e49 file from my PC, though -- my saved state has been exclusively on my phone.
Just to check, VERSION retuns 2.10 on my Android- is that the standard answer?
Mine is version 2.6, which may not be the current version. According to the readme file, all versions since 2.0 are capable of saving the ROM with Port 2.
Thank you, John, but I mean the version of the HP ROM - I presume 1.19-6.

I have now, after repeated fiddling around & trying various assaults, to the degree that I don't know what I've actually changed, got the App to a condition where storing an altered state works & is recallable, also loading of objects on the stack works.

Meanwhile the calculator's FILES (left-shift APPS) will not open - blind management of port 2 is possible & I can view the library content via LIB (right-shift 2) - but access via FILES would be more comfortable.
I can't imagine why the FILES app would not open, I've never seen that problem before. This page from hpcalc.org lists a version of ROM 2.10 made for EMU48. perhaps that would help.

Most people use EMU 48 an a 50g with ROM 2.15 but i don't think that ROM will work with the original 49g.
For the record, I am also using ROM 2.10 on Emu48 on my Galaxy S20+.

The main reason for 2.15 was to add HP StreamSmart support, which is irrelevant on Android (and not supported by Emu48 anyway), so 2.10 is the way to go.

I even use ROM 2.10 on my 49G, as that's the last version that works on the Saturn-based models.

2.6 is indeed the current version of Emu48 for Android, and what I am using.
Reference URL's