HP Forums

Full Version: Forums server issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a problem with the server lately? I have regular time-outs when reading posts or trying to reply, and I never noticed that before.
Mainland EU access is so far fine. Nothing noticed.
No, it's been stable with no issues observed or reported, so probably it's an issue with your ISP and/or DNS server.
It's much better now. I suppose it was a temporary thing (perhaps I accessed it during a backup or other procedure).
In my experience, the performance has been consistent.

Only recently did I notice that if I click on a specific page number of a multi-page forum thread, it never goes to that page but opens the first page. If that topic is already open, clicking on the page number will take me to that one.

Alan
(08-02-2023 05:45 PM)striegel Wrote: [ -> ]Only recently did I notice that if I click on a specific page number of a multi-page forum thread, it never goes to that page but opens the first page. If that topic is already open, clicking on the page number will take me to that one.

That's not the case. From the listing of topics within a Forum, you can see a listing of pages for this thread to the right of the thread title (with an ellipsis skipping middle pages if there are many pages). If you click on one of those small numbers, you will be brought to the top of that page.

Also, on the top-level page for each Forum, there is a small Arrow (green on my view) to the left of the Title, which will bring you to the first UNREAD message in that thread. Old news to most members, but new news to newer viewers.
Just now I clicked the "16" for the last page of the 15C CE thread and it took me to page 1 of that thread.

It may be the consequence of my settings. I may be one of a small number of members who default to threaded mode instead of linear mode.

Alan
Reference URL's