HP Forums

Full Version: Is a DM32 worth the time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It doesn't look like SM has fixed my 3 top issues with the 32SII:

1) No printer
2) Shifted scroll up/down buttons
3) Memory - well they DID fix that, but larger non-trivial programs need more labels.

4) And with that nice new display - only showing one program line at a time?

-J
(07-11-2023 08:53 AM)John Garza (3665) Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't look like SM has fixed my 3 top issues with the 32SII:

1) No printer
Be patient.

Quote:2) Shifted scroll up/down buttons
It won't be long before someone produces a Visual Studio code extension which allows programs to be entered on a PC where the cursor keys are a lot more practical. No point wasting useful key positions on the keyboard for something that so few people will use to any great extent.

Quote:3) Memory - well they DID fix that, but larger non-trivial programs need more labels.
See 1.

Quote:4) And with that nice new display - only showing one program line at a time?
See 1 again.

We waited the best part of 20 years since the HP32SII while HP messed us around with the ludicrous chevron 33S and the fatally flawed 35S so I'm sure you can wait a few months longer.
Yay!!!

That's what I had hoped.

-J
(07-11-2023 08:53 AM)John Garza (3665) Wrote: [ -> ]2) Shifted scroll up/down buttons

It has been mentioned several times that these are top candidates for what to do with the extra row of buttons. It appears not to be decided yet but keep an eye on it, I'd be more surprised if F5 and F6 does not do this than if they do by the time the beta is over. It has also been mentioned that these buttons may become user-definable.
Reference URL's