HP Forums

Full Version: BRAUN ET90 "Protocol"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally succeeded hunting down this Braun pocket calculator (model 4769) of the early Nineties, featuring Dieter Rams' design. Luckily, I got it for reasonable money. Although it's just a 4-banger, it's not only a real pleasure for the eyes but also showing an interesting concept of storing the last n calculations for repeating and editing.

It came, however, without an instruction sheet, and I can't find any in the internet. I know it exists, hence the question - does anybody here have access to a scan? Would be interesting to learn about the full features and limits of that cute little calculator. TIA for any relevant information.

d:-)
(08-24-2014 01:35 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]It came, however, without an instruction sheet, and I can't find any in the internet. I know it exists, hence the question - does anybody here have access to a scan?

(08-10-2014 09:06 AM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should ask (...) for permission (whoever owns the copyright), shouldn't we?
FYI, that 'problem' is none in this case: BRAUN made its profits by selling its products. Their instruction sheets were often just single sheets, folded many times, and were - IIRC - available through them at no charge at all for that reason. BRAUN changed its owner a few years ago (a different story) - the brand still makes its profits by selling its products. I checked their website and said sheet is just not available there anymore.

d:-/

(Meine Aussage haben Sie verkürzt und aus ihrem Zusammenhang gerissen. Durch simples Vergleichen sollten auch Sie den Unterschied erkennen können.)
Is this one?
It looks exquisite indeed, and apparently sold at very high prices in the TAS.
Nice 4-line display... I wish the WP-34S could use this type of visor instead of the HP-20/30B series.

[Image: 12-783-35_1.jpg] [Image: 12-783-35_2.jpg]
Images from:
BRAUN ET90 4769 "Protocol"
Reference URL's