HP Forums

Full Version: HP-41 Module setup for a noobie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Recently got a NoV64d for my 41CX. I really enjoy using the 41 for FOCAL programming, and I'm thinking of bringing it with me on a two months long business trip. As a beginner, what modules would you recommend I outfit on the NoV? I'm not doing synthetics yet, so I'm mostly looking for "fun" modules or modules that gives you nice quality of life improvement. Smile
It would depend of course on what field(s) of work and hobby you're in; but there are several that are of general benefit.  One is the ZENROM which makes synthetic instructions as if they were standard, not synthetic, and you can key them directly into your programs.  Another is Angel's WarpCore which has a ton of functions that improve the speed and code density of programs in any discipline.  It will need Library 4 (which other modules also use), so make sure that's loaded.
I work in an avionics adjacent field, with an EE background and various EE and musical hobbies (vintage computers, tube amps, calculators Wink, ....)
If you are interested in "fun" and relaxation, then consider:

** FUNSTUFF - this module is 16K of games that takes up two entire ports when online. There are several derivatives of this that have certain types of games pulled out into separate rom images.
** 67GAMES - this is a 4K module I helped put together of old games from the HP-65/HP-67 days that were not directly available already in other versions.
** The original HP 41 games pack (4K) of course
** The TREK module (4K) of star trek games
** The Swords rom (4K?)

Other than games, the CCD/OSX rom is very helpful to have to extend the "operating system" of the HP-41.

The PPC ROM is always useful to have around and learn from too.

Some I use every day:

The Extended Stats module - 4K of statistics functions and distributions that should have been in the HP-41 (I know ROM is full) or some in the PPC ROM but were not.
The Sandmath rom (16K) of nearly every imaginable math ability you'll ever need.

So some ideas for you.
Gene
(06-14-2023 08:18 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]... the CCD/OSX rom is very helpful to have to extend the "operating system" of the HP-41.

The PPC ROM is always useful to have around and learn from too.

2 up votes for Gene's suggestion! The CCD and PPC ROMS are both very interesting.

The PPC manual is probably the best example of software documentation you'll find. Surprisingly many of the original authors are still active in the calculator community.
Thank you Smile that's exactly what I was looking for.
Now time to dig it and let the fun begin!
Reference URL's