HP Forums

Full Version: HP 48GX locked in ALG PRG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi: My HP 48GX is displaying '(Pi symbol)' on the bottom line and 5 on the line above.
At the very top right corner of the display is shows ALG PRG.

I don't know how I got into this mode but can not get out of it.
Pressing blue/shift MODES sounds a beep but otherwise does not change the screen.
The left softkey label is ECHO and all the others are blank.

Is there a way to reset factory defaults?
Have Fun,
Brooke
right-shift ENTRY should get it out of ALG

ON should get it out of PRG

does that help?
It did change things.
In the upper right there is no longer any letter.

The screen has the look of a spread sheet with numbers 1 to 4 along top and 1 to 5 down the left side.
Below that is 1-1: and when 123 is entered i appears in cell 1-1.

How to get out of spread sheet mode?
Thanks very much, Brooke
(06-11-2023 07:27 PM)Brooke Wrote: [ -> ]The screen has the look of a spread sheet with numbers 1 to 4 along top and 1 to 5 down the left side.
Below that is 1-1: and when 123 is entered i appears in cell 1-1.

How to get out of spread sheet mode?
Thanks very much, Brooke

What you're seeing is the built-in Matrix Writer. On a 48GX, that is normally initiated by pressing right-shift then the ENTER key. To exit without saving the matrix contents, just press the ON key by itself.

If you've created a matrix that you wish to use, just press the ENTER key while the matrix is displayed onscreen. The matrix will be added to the stack in level 1.
Hi David:

Thanks!!! after pressing ENTER and Violet-Shift (clear) the screen is now blank and there's no text in the upper right corner. BUT . . .
When I press Pi the display is '(pi symbol)'. How to get back to getting a number for Pi?
Have Fun, Brooke
(06-11-2023 11:13 PM)Brooke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi David:

Thanks!!! after pressing ENTER and Violet-Shift (clear) the screen is now blank and there's no text in the upper right corner. BUT . . .
When I press Pi the display is '(pi symbol)'. How to get back to getting a number for Pi?
Have Fun, Brooke

By default the HP-48GX shows constants as symbols. To change this, right-shift Modes, select the Flags soft menu, scroll down to flag 02, check it and choose OK. Now constants like Pi will be shown as numbers.
Thanks!!!
It's back to normal operation!
Brooke
Reference URL's