HP Forums

Full Version: (41) AMC OS/X - XEQ Q
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update: I got it, with the 'prompt lengthener', of course
Just out of curiosity, as I do not seem to be able to do it, how can I enter
XEQ Q (not XEQ"Q" of course) in a program with the OS/X module?
LBL Q is easy, as it is a two byte function so XEQ 207:121 will do it.
Thanks, Werner
(05-23-2023 10:57 AM)Werner Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I got it, with the 'prompt lengthener', of course

Indeed, the prompt lengthener is the easiest way - both for the LBL Q and the XEQ Q using 121 as parameter.
The 'easiest' - so there are other ways?
BTW the prompt lengthener only works in PRGM mode, so I can't do 'GTO Q' from the keyboard;
Cheers, Werner
(05-24-2023 06:40 AM)Werner Wrote: [ -> ]BTW the prompt lengthener only works in PRGM mode, so I can't do 'GTO Q' from the keyboard;

It should work whether the PRGM mode is active of not - it does on my system...
No, not on my DM41X.. when not in PRGM mode, ON switches OFF
[attachment=12156]

Werner
I've seen that the issue happens when the SandMath is also plugged in, probably due to the I/O_SVC interrupt effect: it leaves a return-to address in the RTN stack not expected by the CALC_ON code in the OS/X, and thus the failure to detect the event. I need some time to troubleshoot this properly, stay tuned...
Another, related question: how to enter E10 or E4 program lines with my setup (OS/X and sandmath)?
Cheers, Werner
I may be wrong but that synthetic trick wasn't part of the original CCD features, right? - therefore it is not on the OS/X either.

Back to the Prompt Lengthener:- I've identified the code involved in the mix-up, or rather the conflict between the OS/X and the SandMath. As I suspected, the I/O_SVC event code in the SandMath is masking the actual calling RTN address, so when the CALC_OFF event is triggered the OS/X doesn't recognize that RTN address, and thus it ignores the action.

The obvious remedy for this issue is to remove the RTN address validity checks (restricting it to STO/RCL/XEQ/GTO), so the prompt lengthener will always occur for any prompting function, as long as ALPHA is not ON to avoid clashes. So just use it judiciously and avoid nonsensical cases such as CAT, etc.

Attached is the trial version if you want to try it. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
ÁM
(06-25-2023 10:11 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote: [ -> ]I may be wrong but that synthetic trick wasn't part of the original CCD features, right? - therefore it is not on the OS/X either.
I wouldn’t know - I only ever used the Zenrom, that has this built-in, and uses the ‘stack’ entry for all suffixes, so LBL Q etc are as easy als RCL Y.

Quote:Attached is the trial version if you want to try it. Let me know how it goes.
Can’t do that right away, it’ll be at least a week I’m afraid.
But I certainly will, thanks!

Werner
Reference URL's