HP Forums

Full Version: SOLD — FRAM71B-512 for HP 71B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in selling my FRAM71B-512 BLACK module (512KB, HW105), bought by me direct from Hans in 2021.

If anyone is interested, please send me an offer. UK preferred, but will send elsewhere if there's no interest from within the UK.

Hans's FRAM71B (from its manual) allows you to:
· Adopt the memory size to existing hardware configurations (plug-ins),
· Maximize independent RAM for data / program storage,
· Use FRAM71B as an archive facility,
· Use ROM images instead of plug-in Modules,
· Declare RAM inside FRAM71B as hard-configured ROM at E0000,
· Upgrade your HP-71B to the latest operating system,
· Refurbish an HP-71B that has defective internal ROM / RAM chips,
· Let "Take-Over"-software reside parallel to your HP-71B’s internal OS,
· Implement new hardware features previously not available on the HP-71B.

It is similar to Mark Fleming's MultiMod, but the FRAM71B has (I believe) the following extra abilities over MultiMod:
• use alkaline batteries (not recommended for MultiMod, which prefers NiMH)
• add core RAM, and IRAM
• replace the operating system, if you wish to run e.g. the later version 2CDCC
• Let "Take-Over"-software reside parallel to your HP-71B’s internal O/S

For exhaustive detail, see the FRAM71 compendium article: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16219.html

I'll send it free shipping within the UK (Special Delivery). For sending outside the UK, I'll discount that price from the actual fully insured shipping cost.

Reason for sale: I sadly need to slim down my collection, so am reluctantly going to let go things that I've not used in a while, starting with my 71B. I'll offer that separately, shortly, but thought this FRAM71B might be better offered on its own, to folk who already have a 71B, and since it is no longer available from Hans.
Sent you a PM!

Best,
HPmax
The FRAM71 has been sold. Thanks to those who contacted me.
Reference URL's