HP Forums

Full Version: %T function question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone does anyone know if %T function exists in Plus42 or 50g?

Copying from one of the financial calculator books:

Quote:And with the key, you can find what percent one number is of another number or of the sum of several numbers. You are finding proportions when you use [%T].
There is no built in %T function in Plus42 but it’s easy to program :

Code:
01 LBL "%T"
02 1/X
03 %
04 1/X
05 END

(From HP KEY NOTES V5N3 Dec 81 p13)
(03-13-2023 05:02 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]There is no built in %T function in Plus42 but it’s easy to program :

Code:
01 LBL "%T"
02 1/X
03 %
04 1/X
05 END

(From HP KEY NOTES V5N3 Dec 81 p13)

Cheers for that, that was the next step for me. I just wondered if it existed under another name.
(03-13-2023 04:24 AM)nickapos Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone does anyone know if %T function exists in Plus42 or 50g?

In the 50g, it's in the MTH REAL menu.
(03-13-2023 07:48 AM)Joe Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023 04:24 AM)nickapos Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone does anyone know if %T function exists in Plus42 or 50g?

In the 50g, it's in the MTH REAL menu.

Awesome cheers.
I see newrpl has it as %T as well.
To complete what nickapos contributed, I have attached a PDF with three usage options for percentages. I had not sufficiently taken into account the great advantage of the %, %CH and %T functions in relation to the fact that once the function is executed it preserves the original value of the Y register. This provides great agility in repetitive calculations.

This text was intended primarily for the HP-67 and HP 35s calculators
Pedro

PS: Sorry I have attached the wrong file, now correct
(03-13-2023 10:10 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote: [ -> ]To complete what nickapos contributed, I have attached a PDF with three usage options for percentages. I had not sufficiently taken into account the great advantage of the %, %CH and %T functions in relation to the fact that once the function is executed it preserves the original value of the Y register. This provides great agility in repetitive calculations.

This text was intended primarily for the HP-67 and HP 35s calculators
Pedro

PS: Sorry I have attached the wrong file, now correct

FYI the HP-67 implementation and the snippet of code for HP-41/42 preserve the original number, but the implementation for HP-50g/newRPL does not.
Interesting implementation difference there.
Reference URL's