HP Forums

Full Version: New "Hewlett-Packard" title less HP 12C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any difference in the performance between the new HP 12C (the one with a screw in the battery cover) and the previous versions?
The Calculator Store covered in their blog:

https://www.thecalculatorstore.com/epage...t_received

(03-11-2023 07:09 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any difference in the performance between the new HP 12C (the one with a screw in the battery cover) and the previous versions?
(03-11-2023 07:09 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any difference in the performance between the new HP 12C (the one with a screw in the battery cover) and the previous versions?

Yes. The ARM models are much faster.
Does anyone have any ideas why the screw was added to the battery cover?
(03-12-2023 02:09 AM)HP-12C Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any ideas why the screw was added to the battery cover?

Regional safety requirements. So your children don’t eat the batteries or something.
(03-12-2023 01:33 AM)cortopar Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes. The ARM models are much faster.

The HP-12C units that have been sold for the last 15+ years, without a screw for the battery compartment, are ARM-based, so that isn't a change.

My expectation is that the units with the battery compartment screw and no "HEWLETT PACKARD" label, are otherwise identical to the ones that have sold since 2015 or so. However, I don"t yet have one, so I could be mistaken.
(03-12-2023 02:14 AM)cortopar Wrote: [ -> ]Regional safety requirements. So your children don’t eat the batteries or something.

That makes sense, thank you.
(03-12-2023 02:09 AM)HP-12C Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any ideas why the screw was added to the battery cover?

Product safety regulations in Australia:
https://www.productsafety.gov.au/product...-batteries
I don‘t know how it is done on the new calcs but if we have to have these screws it would be nice if they are implemented in a way that prevents losing them. Most of those are so small that you won‘t find them if you ever drop them.
(03-12-2023 07:20 AM)Siegfried Wrote: [ -> ]I don‘t know how it is done on the new calcs but if we have to have these screws it would be nice if they are implemented in a way that prevents losing them. Most of those are so small that you won‘t find them if you ever drop them.

According to Moravia the screw is captive on the new calcs.
(03-12-2023 08:08 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2023 07:20 AM)Siegfried Wrote: [ -> ]I don‘t know how it is done on the new calcs but if we have to have these screws it would be nice if they are implemented in a way that prevents losing them. Most of those are so small that you won‘t find them if you ever drop them.

According to Moravia the screw is captive on the new calcs.

They are indeed captive, however the battery door also covers the RESET button on the bottom, so you'll need a small Phillips screwdriver if you ever need to reset the machine.
Reference URL's