HP Forums

Full Version: HP 9100A query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How rare is the Hewlett-Packard 9100A calculator these days?

What sort of value do these units command when they do come up for sale?

Thanks for any help
(02-20-2023 06:40 AM)HP-12C Wrote: [ -> ]How rare is the Hewlett-Packard 9100A calculator these days?

Thanks for any help

On "The Auction-Site-That-Must-Not-Be-Named" (OK, eBay) a working one can go for around $3000 - $4000 USD depending on who's looking for one. The B model can go slightly higher.

I was tempted to tell you it's worthless but I'd take it off your hands for $300.00 just to help you out

;^)
Hi Tom
thank you for the reply, I do look on a semi regular basis on that particular website but I've never actually seen one for sale.
During the last weeks there were two 9100B sold in Germany.

I was looking at both, but stepped back from buying them because of the transport distances involved and my limited storage capacity.

The first one was available for €400 and the second at €350, even including the additional memory box.

Both were not demonstrated as working, though.
(02-21-2023 10:19 AM)Martin Hepperle Wrote: [ -> ]During the last weeks there were two 9100B sold in Germany.

I was looking at both, but stepped back from buying them because of the transport distances involved and my limited storage capacity.

The first one was available for €400 and the second at €350, even including the additional memory box.

Both were not demonstrated as working, though.

I would've paid that in a heartbeat!
(02-20-2023 05:30 PM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2023 06:40 AM)HP-12C Wrote: [ -> ]How rare is the Hewlett-Packard 9100A calculator these days?

On "The Auction-Site-That-Must-Not-Be-Named" (OK, eBay) a working one can go for around $3000 - $4000 USD depending on who's looking for one. The B model can go slightly higher.

It surprises me that the B model can go higher than the A model. I think the A is more difficult to find. Any idea why? Maybe because of additional functions?
(02-21-2023 06:12 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2023 05:30 PM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]On "The Auction-Site-That-Must-Not-Be-Named" (OK, eBay) a working one can go for around $3000 - $4000 USD depending on who's looking for one. The B model can go slightly higher.

It surprises me that the B model can go higher than the A model. I think the A is more difficult to find. Any idea why? Maybe because of additional functions?

I'd also think the A would go for more since it's the first in the line but people seem to want the B more for some reason. Maybe you're right about functions. The B has twice the memory and allows subroutines.
Reference URL's