HP Forums

Full Version: Care when letting a newbie use an HP-65.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Other than the usual intro lesson in RPN, care must be taken when removing it from the case. Never just hand it in the case to someone that has never used a 65. If you do, sometimes you will see them scrabbling about trying to extract it, usually grabbing it by the display and yanking it out. This can cause fingerprints or worse, scratches, on the display.

I've never seen the extraction procedure documented. But then it's one of those things that should be IOCO (Intuitively Obvious to the Casual Observer).

What I do is:

1) open the velcro flap
2) with one hand move aside the two flaps at top, positioning thumb and forefinger at top sides of calculator with the flaps resting on the back of the fingers.
3) with the other hand, grasp the tab at the bottom of the case with thumb and forefinger, then push the bottom of the case with the middle finger
4) the calculator now slides up into the waiting fingers at the top of the machine.

Works for me.

-J
Reference URL's