HP Forums

Full Version: HP41CX Standard Modules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What 4 modules could HP have included in the HP41CX?

Or to put it another way, what are the 4 most common add on modules?

Only software modules (Not including the Time and X-Functions that are already on the HP41cx)
The HP-41 Advantage - Advanced Solutions Pac Module, it added capability to the still flagship HP-41 that had came out in subsequent calculators (15C,16C, etc), matrix math, number conversions and more.
(10-15-2022 01:18 AM)Craig Bladow Wrote: [ -> ]The HP-41 Advantage - Advanced Solutions Pac Module, it added capability to the still flagship HP-41 that had came out in subsequent calculators (15C,16C, etc), matrix math, number conversions and more.

When I bought mine in '86 from EduCalc, they were offering the Advantage module free with it. I don't remember if that was an HP thing or an EduCalc thing.

Many years later, I got a double Extended Memory module, ie, two Extended Memory modules in one package, so they took only one port. It'd be nice if it were just integrated into the 41cx, inside, like it integrated the four regular memory modules (which started with the cv). (I know that doesn't qualify as a software module; but it's a natural anyway, unlike the bar-code wand or the '143 printer which you would definitely want to be able to keep unplugged most of the time.)

When I got the cx, I also got the HP-IL module (which was my whole reason for going to the 41) with an integrated Extended I/O module, so those two also only took one port. I think that was from a third-party supplier though, not HP. It seems like those two should have been kept together.
(10-14-2022 10:25 PM)agarza Wrote: [ -> ]Or to put it another way, what are the 4 most common add on modules?

Assuming 'common' means which were most purchased, and further assuming similar loss levels over the years and equally likely paths to eBay, these are probably the most common:

1. Math
2. Stat
3. Surveying
4. Advantage

probably in that order, possibly different order.
(10-16-2022 12:57 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming 'common' means which were most purchased, and further assuming similar loss levels over the years and equally likely paths to eBay, these are probably the most common:

1. Math
2. Stat
3. Surveying
4. Advantage

Agreed, I would also add:
  1. Math/Stat (2nd half of 1980's)
  2. Games Pac
(10-16-2022 12:57 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2022 10:25 PM)agarza Wrote: [ -> ]Or to put it another way, what are the 4 most common add on modules?

Assuming 'common' means which were most purchased, and further assuming similar loss levels over the years and equally likely paths to eBay, these are probably the most common:

1. Math
2. Stat
3. Surveying
4. Advantage

Can Math and Advantage coexist at the same time?
(10-16-2022 02:22 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022 12:57 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming 'common' means which were most purchased, and further assuming similar loss levels over the years and equally likely paths to eBay, these are probably the most common:

1. Math
2. Stat
3. Surveying
4. Advantage

Agreed, I would also add:
  1. Math/Stat (2nd half of 1980's)
  2. Games Pac
I purchased the Games PAC in the 80!
(10-16-2022 02:37 AM)agarza Wrote: [ -> ]Can Math and Advantage coexist at the same time?
The modules have different XROM numbers so they do no conflict at this level but they may have duplicated label/function names.
  • Mathematics Pac (XROM:01)
  • Statistics Pac (XROM:02)
  • HP-41 Advantage Pac (XROM:22 & XROM:24)
Reference URL's