HP Forums

Full Version: Accessing SR-52 additional registers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Just that. Were they directly accessible or did they need indirect addressing to be used?

Thanks
Registers 20 to 59 are directly accessible once you have installed the related memory ICs inside the SR-52.
I presume you needed to send the 52 back to TI so they could install the ICs. Was it a substitution of ICs or were they installed in an open socket?
TI would not install additional chips of any kind. No manufacturer would do that at the time and probably not today.

A google search would turn this up Matt:

http://www.datamath.org/Sci/WEDGE/sr-52_...ented.html

Will help if you are able to do that type of thing in advance and post the results here. :-)
(09-19-2022 12:59 AM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]TI would not install additional chips of any kind. No manufacturer would do that at the time and probably not today.

A google search would turn this up Matt:

http://www.datamath.org/Sci/WEDGE/sr-52_...ented.html

Will help if you are able to do that type of thing in advance and post the results here. :-)

In any case, thanks for finding the info.
(09-18-2022 10:44 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote: [ -> ]I presume you needed to send the 52 back to TI so they could install the ICs. Was it a substitution of ICs or were they installed in an open socket?

There is no open socket for that on the SR-52 however Texas Instruments was selling the TMC0599 Multi-Register chips to the public and some SR-52 users found the way to add them into the SR-52 to get more registers available.

This was published in 52-Notes V5N2p3:
Quote:Adding Chips (52): TI is now making available to the public the TMC 0599 chip via
Mr S Riggs, Box 53, Lubbock, TX 79408 for $17.77 each. Reportedly, 2 of these will
provide the missing SR-52 registers (20-59) if properly installed. Michael Rak (502)
has obtained details from a TI source, and if you are experienced at assembling
modern electronics components and are willing to risk machine damage, send 25ยข
and a SASE to Mike at 1823 El Cerrito Pl #F Los Angeles, CA 90068 for a copy of his
info. Neither Mike, nor TI nor the SR-52 Users Club assumes any responsibility
whatsoever for any consequences which might arise from chip ad-on mods. TI does
not now, and does not plan to perform this mod for the general public.

You can see such modification done here. I have modified this way my SR-52A which has now 50 user memory registers instead of 20 with the addition of a single TMC0599.
Thanks for these notes and the link Didier, I never knew about this option to expand the SR-52 memory, pretty interesting!
(09-19-2022 12:18 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for these notes and the link Didier, I never knew about this option to expand the SR-52 memory, pretty interesting!

Agreed! Interesting and fascinating. Congratulations on your 52A. Enjoy.
Matt, don't get me wrong.

I'm simply suggesting that you google first and post what you find here. Try it and be a provider of information rather than asking questions only. :-)

Gene
(09-19-2022 11:47 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]Matt, don't get me wrong.

I'm simply suggesting that you google first and post what you find here. Try it and be a provider of information rather than asking questions only. :-)

Gene

Okay.
Reference URL's