HP Forums

Full Version: HP 71B and ZENWAND
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, After collecting some tech from a listing a while back I finally got around to going through the box, which included a HP 71b and also the zenwand that are in good working order and condition.. Well I know the HP71 is working as I've tried some basic etc on there, and did a rom test all Good - I honestly not sure how to get wand to register etc.. but it does light up at tip when connected and the switch pressed.
In one hand I'm quite interested to learn exactly what it could do - but I got so much going on ATM and near future - I think I could gain more by letting someone who knows or wants to know what to do with it.. So I've come looking for advice on what its worth and is anyone looking for this.. Oh yeah it has a module in it DHSS CPL FS-1.. If anyone could give me some help and advise, I'd be more than happy to listen.. Many thanks
Have you found the PDF of the Zenwand-71 Owner's Manual? It describes the commands that are available for reading various barcode symbologies and interacting with the wand.
The ZenWand-71 Manual in PDF format is available on Joe Horn site HERE.
(02-09-2022 01:28 PM)cruff Wrote: [ -> ]Have you found the PDF of the Zenwand-71 Owner's Manual? It describes the commands that are available for reading various barcode symbologies and interacting with the wand.

Yeah I did find it earlier today and allot of info about the HP71 too, many thanks
I hope to have a good look this weekend. Thanks!
Thanks Peeps, hope to take a look this weekend.. This site has a vast amount of info and got me excited to see what I can get the 71b to do.. Thanks for info.. Wink
(02-10-2022 10:32 PM)Lovemytech Wrote: [ -> ]... got me excited to see what I can get the 71b to do..

Try to find a FRAM71 module for sale. Perhaps the ultimate 71B accessory after the PIL-Box.

Also, a few of us offer EPROM burning services for free.

Dave
There is also the HP71MultiMod card reader module from Mark Fleming who is still available at an affordable price.
HP-71B MultiMod Thread & HP71MultiMod Repository
Sylvain
(02-11-2022 03:59 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote: [ -> ]There is also the HP71MultiMod card reader module from Mark Fleming who is still available at an affordable price.
Sylvain

Or will be in about a week when I finally move into my new home in Concord, North Carolina. They're loading up the moving van at this moment from the Oakland warehouse Smile
(02-11-2022 09:58 PM)mfleming Wrote: [ -> ]Or will be in about a week when I finally move into my new home in Concord, North Carolina. They're loading up the moving van at this moment from the Oakland warehouse Smile

Oakland, CA or Oakland, NC?

Either way, have a safe move, hope all goes well Mark.
(02-12-2022 01:22 AM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]Oakland, CA or Oakland, NC?

California. I've been in temporary housing the last six months waiting for my San Jose home to sell and find a suitable replacement in the Charlotte area. Only a handful of calculators to break the boredom Smile

~Mark
Wow, that's gonna be a huge change! Welcome to the East coast! Smile
Regarding the DHSS module, did you find this:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...read=79687
Reference URL's