HP Forums

Full Version: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
New update:

1. Windows version: Better display scaling, so COL+/COL- are actually usable.
2. All versions: Fixed behavior of EXIT after UNITS in the equation editor.
I have a question related both to Free42 and Plus42: since there is now a new list data type, would it be possible, in addition to the list creation and list elements manipulation, to apply functions to a list: for example to multiply or divide a list by a number, or to apply functions such as IP or ABS to a list?
This would greatly improve the usefulness of lists in Free42/Plus42.
Yes, that is on my to-do list.
New update, Linux only: I changed the display drawing code, so it draws individual pixels as tiny rectangles. This gets rid of the blurriness at non-integral display scales. Note that this is how the iOS and MacOS versions have handled display drawing since forever.

(Unfortunately, the draw-each-pixel-separately trick did not work in the Windows version when I tried it just now; apparently, GDI+ is not as smart at drawing rectangles with non-integer coordinates as the iOS, MacOS, and Cairo renderers. Still looking for a way to get non-integral scaling to look nice in Windows...)
New update, Windows only: For non-integer display scaling, now using bicubic filtering instead of bilinear. With a bit of overscan to get rid of edge artifacts, I think this looks clearer, significantly less fuzzy. Still not as crisp as the versions for the other platforms, but for now, this is the best I can do.

This is should be the last non-bugfix release before the official 1.0, and the last update announcement to this thread, unless serious bugs turn up between now and then.
I saw the ftp directory now also contains rom2raw and vcredist. Is this rom2raw different than the one from Free42, and is the vcredist required to run the windows version?

(03-13-2022 07:02 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote: [ -> ]This is should be the last non-bugfix release before the official 1.0, and the last update announcement to this thread, unless serious bugs turn up between now and then.

So the size decrease of the Android version by removing some graphics overhead to code is not in the planning anymore?
They are the same as in the Free42 download directory.
As far as the VC++ redist package is concerned: if the app launches as is, you don't need it.

(03-13-2022 07:52 PM)johanw Wrote: [ -> ]So the size decrease of the Android version by removing some graphics overhead to code is not in the planning anymore?

It is, but I feel that shaving 1.5 megabytes off an app that isn't very large to begin with is not something that merits an announcement on its own. Note that the skins don't affect performance, they take up space in flash storage but not in RAM.
Hi all,

May be it is a bad question but is "PLOT" implemented on the version androïd ?
I have of course on pc version, and I can't find on my androïd phone.

Thank you.
Yes, all versions have the same functionality. But you may be using an older skin; if you select one of the built-in skins (PortraitShort, PortraitTall, LandscapeLeft, or LandscapeRight), you should see it.
New update:

1. Fixed bug in the SOLVER menu that could lead to corrupted state files.
2. DUPN 2 was broken in 4STK mode. (This affects Free42 as well and will be fixed in the next release.)
New update:

1. Fixed crash in this scenario: Call SOLVE, halt program execution in the middle of the function called by SOLVE, exit and restart the app, resume program execution. This would crash when SOLVE then tried to return.
Hi Thomas. Are underscore characters no longer allowed in equation names?
For example, TST_1:A=B+C gives me an "Invalid Equation" error if I choose the equation and press CALC. Renaming it to TST1:A=B+C allows it to solve ok.
The underscore character is used to join units to numbers, e.g. 100_"kg". If you need to be able to use it as part of variable or function names, you can turn on compatibility mode, MODES->COMP. That disables the special treatment of _ [ ] * / to make the syntax more HP-like.
(03-16-2022 10:43 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote: [ -> ]The underscore character is used to join units to numbers, e.g. 100_"kg". If you need to be able to use it as part of variable or function names, you can turn on compatibility mode, MODES->COMP. That disables the special treatment of _ [ ] * / to make the syntax more HP-like.

Thank you, Thomas. Now that you pointed that out, I see it on the Plus42 documentation page. I can’t wait to buy Plus42 for my iPhoneSmile
Thank you!
I'm hoping to have it in the stores sometime next month.
Hi Thomas,

Have you still in mind to put register L on the 4 levels stack as you have put this on your DM42.

Programming in RPN, it is usefull to see L.

Have good day.
That is on my to-do list, but not for 1.0. Between now and the first release, I'm focusing on testing and documentation. Once the first official release is live in the stores, I'll start working on the to-do list, which is rather long... but LASTX and ALPHA display are near the top.
Thank much !
My new work laptop has a dedicated calculator key so I put Plus42 on it and switched on the option "Map calculator key to Plus42", but when I press the calculator key it starts still the windows calculator (windows 10 pro).
The "Map Calculator Key" option works by modifying the Windows Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey\18\​ShellExecute. That used to work fine, but at some point, it stopped working on some machines, and I never figured out what exactly the problem was, I think part of the problem was that on non-English versions of Windows, it was using a different key, but I didn't get to the bottom of it, partly because I don't have a keyboard with a Calculator key any more, and partly because I always used the U.S. English version of Windows.

(You might think that this would be something that belonged under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but that didn't work, or at least not when I tried it, lo these many years ago.)

Could you check where that key is stored on your machine? You should be able to find it by looking for AppKey in regedit, or for the value "calc.exe", but make sure you find *all* occurrences...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Reference URL's