HP Forums

Full Version: (50g) Magic 8 Ball 50G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I had no idea about this but I tried and here it is, I don't know if this is ever been done before, and if it has here it is again.
Magic 8 Ball for 50G!
'M8BallG'
[attachment=926]

Instructions:
unzip the file and find 3 grobs and a text program file called 'M8BallG.txt'
upload all 3 files to the same directory on your 50G using the text transfer setting. Ask the 50G a yes or no question and press the 'M8BallG' softkey and watch in amazement as the calculator predicts the correct answer with 100% accuracy, then press [ON] (CANCEL) to quit looking at the amazing correct answer. I had no idea when I was writing this program how accurate it would be. I asked the 50G at least 3043 or 3044 questions and it hasn't been wrong yet.
Have fun with this and send me some of your winnings.
Dog slow but really has potential! Nice work.

Can you get the whole 8-ball to appear? The bottom part of it doesn't fit on the screen
(07-02-2014 10:32 AM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]Dog slow but really has potential! Nice work.

Can you get the whole 8-ball to appear? The bottom part of it doesn't fit on the screen

its dog slow because I have WAIT to create more suspense. and i'm sure I could make the bottom of the 8 ball appear but I used
->LCD instead of {} PVIEW except for the last frame. Now if i was real good I could make a smaller grob to superimpose on just the parts of the grob that was changing, in that way one could make a much smaller program.
I noticed in the first program above the line near the end of the program that says
2 ->GROB GXOR
should be
1 ->GROB GXOR
and some other tweeks were needed like embedding the GROBS.

here is an updated M8Ball[attachment=927]

save calculator space by deleting the old GROBs and program.
If you can get the whole 8-ball on the screen and then put the text inside the triangle after the user hits ENTER I would be surprised if you couldn't sell a few copies Wink
(07-02-2014 12:02 PM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]If you can get the whole 8-ball on the screen and then put the text inside the triangle after the user hits ENTER I would be surprised if you couldn't sell a few copies Wink
Concentrate and ask again...
Don't count on it

Now maybe a fortune cookie where the cookie breaks! I could advertise zero calorie fortune cookies!
Hello, im new to the forum.

I can't manage to run this program or any program of this type. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Reference URL's