HP Forums

Full Version: HP-67 Merge operation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

A quick one.

Is MERGE programmable?

If so, should I put RTN or R/S as the next step?

Thanks
Also, Eric Rechlin's HP Calculator Literature site has 1,116 HP calculator manuals and related books free to download.

V.
Okay, yes. Thanks for the links. After looking at the links, they do talk about the MERGE operation, but the answer to my question is not there.
Page 327 of the 1977-04 version of the HP 67 Owner's Handbook gives e.g. 32-41 as the key code for MRG in a program. That key code matches the keyboard layout of an HP 67. That should suggest that MRG is programmable.

Page 293ff, in particular page 295 of the Handbook does give an example using the PAUSE command.

Felix
(09-04-2021 09:34 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all.

A quick one.

Is MERGE programmable?

If so, should I put RTN or R/S as the next step?

Thanks

Yes it is.

In this case you place the merge instruction just before a PAUSE instruction. A card is placed into the slot ready for use. Run the program and when the PAUSE executes the card will be automatically loaded and the program data merged starting at the program address following the PAUSE.

Any steps programmed into memory after the PAUSE will be overwritten by the program on the card so it doesn't matter what is there.

If you do not have a card in the slot, the PAUSE still operates but the merge is ignored. Therefore you should have some program data after the PAUSE or the program might do invalid things, so a RTN or R/S could be there or something else.

Note that in the Merge case without a card in the slot, if you place a card into the slot during the pause, it will be read and merged.

cheers

Tony
Thanks! Cool! Tried it on RPN-67SD. After I set the PAUSE to five seconds, it all worked out perfectly.
Reference URL's