HP Forums

Full Version: RPN mode: LIST→ and SWAP at the right arrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to suggest a couple of functions for the Prime RPN entry mode.

LIST→
The RPN Home entry mode has the →LIST function available when selecting a stack object, through the Stack menu. It collects the selected and underneath stack levels into a list. I find it useful to save into a list a set of numbers, unevaluated expressions or other objects to be used later (or other day). However I miss the complementary function, LIST→, so it would retrieve the elements of the selected list back to the stack.

SWAP at the right arrow of the directional pad
The SWAP operation is located at the right arrow in the HP48/49/50 calculator series: one single keystroke and the first and second stack levels are swapped. Other great machines have a specific x<>y key. So it could be a good idea to do the same in the Prime with this useful RPN function.

Cheers!
(08-29-2021 07:57 PM)ramon_ea1gth Wrote: [ -> ]SWAP at the right arrow of the directional pad
The SWAP operation is located at the right arrow in the HP48/49/50 calculator series: one single keystroke and the first and second stack levels are swapped. Other great machines have a specific x<>y key. So it could be a good idea to do the same in the Prime with this useful RPN function.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you hit the “,” button (to the left of ENTER, you will swap level 1 and 2?

Cheers, Terje
Silly thing! So much use of the HP 50g that I didn't notice this!
Thank you Terje :-)

(08-29-2021 08:35 PM)Terje Vallestad Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021 07:57 PM)ramon_ea1gth Wrote: [ -> ]SWAP at the right arrow of the directional pad

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you hit the “,” button (to the left of ENTER, you will swap level 1 and 2?

Cheers, Terje
Yeah, it is there on the keyboard, but different they you might have been looking for. Smile

Basically, when doing the prime internationalization was high priority so when possible we used descriptive symbols instead of English words or abbreviations.
Yep, it also looks as a wise choice for the SWAP function: the "," key is an argument separator, not needed when not in entry mode. It is a non-shifted key and next to "Enter" and the number keys, so it's use-efficient.
Reference URL's