HP Forums

Full Version: HP-19C display question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The HP-19C has a wider display than the 29C, actually similar to the HP-67.

But is it possible to key in more than 10 digits, as shown on the picture:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9695]

I can't do it on my 29C, nor on my 67.

J-F
No, not possible, at least not through normal number pad entry; Upon trying that, the display shows "0123456789." and subsequent keys simply blink the display.

Probably a photoshop exercise to break the rules of HP physics...

I suppose there could be some equivalent of synthetic instructions that can generate such a display, but I've never read of such tricks.

Where did the photo come from?
On the picture, brightness of the figure is not even. It's look more like the flickering digits that appears rapidly when the calculator is running a program or at computing one function.

Due to the exposition time of the camera, mantissa figure positions as well as exponent figure positions are visible. This make believe a larger integer number can be display or enter than we can possibly type-in. But in reality, figure are display rapidly at any pseudo-random positions due to internal activity.

This alive display with flickering figures is common to numerous other calculators.
A low chance, but it might be possible to have a looped program running where this display is shown most of the time while it is flickering during processing, make a smart phone movie and select the wanted image frame.

Such as...
ENTER
LBL 1
Many X<>Y's
GTO 1

cheers

Tony
(07-30-2021 02:12 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote: [ -> ]The HP-19C has a wider display than the 29C, actually similar to the HP-67.

Actually, I was wrong, the 19C display is not the same than the 67.
The 67 has a 15-digit display, able to fully display the sign, the mantissa (10), the dot and the exponent with sign (3) : total=15.
The 19C (that I don't own) seems to have a 13-digit display, using a full digit for the dot, otherwise working like the series 20.
Is that correct? Are they other LED models using the same 13-digit display?

J-F
(07-31-2021 10:21 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote: [ -> ]The 19C (that I don't own) seems to have a 13-digit display, using a full digit for the dot, otherwise working like the series 20.
Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

(07-31-2021 10:21 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote: [ -> ]Are they other LED models using the same 13-digit display?

Only the HP-10, I think...
Reference URL's