HP Forums

Full Version: [Solved] "Extra clicky" 1 button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought an HP Prime and started using it only to find that the 1 button has a second click every time I release it. All other keys have just a single, soft click, but when I press the 1 button I get the soft click first and then a differently pitched click as I take my finger off of the key. There's definitely some extra return movement when the second click happens but the key cap doesn't seem to be loose. In its normal state the key seems to be aligned with the others correctly.

I would hate to return/exchange the calculator over something so small, but I worry this is an early indication of a defective switch, and the different noise on that single key is annoying. Is this common to all Primes or did I just get a bad one?
I think it is defective. Mine doesn't have that issue at all. If possible, return it, get a refund, and buy a new one.
(07-12-2021 08:43 PM)jfelten Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is defective. Mine doesn't have that issue at all. If possible, return it, get a refund, and buy a new one.

Yep, it was defective. I decided to take it back to the store and exchange it for another one they had and the replacement doesn't have the clicking issue. I found that I was able to test the buttons through the packaging, so I could test another one off the shelf without having to tear open the package.
Reference URL's