HP Forums

Full Version: HP 59309A Digital Clock and K10-59992A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first post here!
I own a HP digital clock HP 59309A and can find lots of information on it.
What I can’t find is anything on the K10-599992A battery backup.
I’m trying to make a replica as they are close to impossible to find. I’m able to find a few online photos but that’s it. Supposedly you could access the batteries from the front as you may want to rack mount it. Any detailed information or point me in a different direction. I have emailed a few folks that may have one with no luck.
Welcome!! Nice find!

There's a photo of one on the TimeNuts site here, so it seems like he's got one, Might be worth reaching out to him.
I emailed him he is a busy guy I’m sure. Waiting Patiently
Patients is a virtue. Received this last night
HP 59992a
Very nice! I'd only seen the front panel of that before - the inside was pretty interesting. I'm guessing the two transistors are for the battery check functionality.

Keep us posted if you decide to build something!
I made a replica see it here. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4890680
Brilliant piece of work!!

Please consider putting a copy of your summary, and a couple of photos, in the articles section. The work you did with duplicating labels, paint matching, etc. is a great general reference in addition to the details specific to the K10.

Thanks for posting!
Bob here it is

further talk
Neat! Thanks!! Particularly appreciate the information on the paint / decal approach!
Reference URL's