HP Forums

Full Version: wtb 34c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to buy a working hp 34c.
No tear down, good home, probably for occasional daily use.
Thanks,
There's been a couple on the auction site recently but they don't come up often and even in varying conditions are always pretty expensive.

Depending on what you want it for you might be better off with a 33C - cheaper and more available. Some things are better (eg location of SST/BST).
If you don't find one Panamatik's LP Woodstock repair/upgrade kit can emulate any number of other HP calculators, including the 34c.
(04-08-2021 01:10 PM)BobVA Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't find one Panamatik's LP Woodstock repair/upgrade kit can emulate any number of other HP calculators, including the 34c.

Better yet, PANAMATIK's SPICE Low Power Repair Kit. http://panamatik.de/html/hp_low_power.html
...and Harald's emulator board that fits in a Classic.

cheers

Tony
I picked up a 34c, it's battery contacts are kind of rough.

Is there a service manual for the 34c?
(04-26-2021 10:53 PM)dhe Wrote: [ -> ]I picked up a 34c, it's battery contacts are kind of rough.

Is there a service manual for the 34c?

I doubt a service manual exists, but we do have Tony Duell's schematics and numerous webpages and videos of repairs.

Did I mention that PANAMATIK also has replacement battery contacts?
http://panamatik.de/html/spice_battery_connector.html

Dave
As luck would have it, I picked up two 34C from the bay.

One had some terminal damage - $130.
One had clean terminals - $175.

I purchased a battery, it showed 2.6, neither units worked.

I checked the charger, 10.5V AC out.

I let the battery charge over night.

Battery 2.85.

Both units powered up, all keys and LED segments seem to work, so for now, no repair work needed.

So, to help preserve these units, I'm going to make a sticker for the side where the transformer plugs in --- Warning! Battery must be installed before using transformer.
Reference URL's