HP Forums

Full Version: HP67 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening and excuse me for a trivial question.
I wonder if there is a way to feed a real HP67 with a new program, without keystroke, I mean, a program available in TXT or raw format edited via PC
Other than a mag card, no. A genuine '67 has no interface ports, so no way to get the program into the device other than the keyboard and the card reader.
(03-26-2021 07:59 PM)aurelio Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening and excuse me for a trivial question.
I wonder if there is a way to feed a real HP67 with a new program, without keystroke, I mean, a program available in TXT or raw format edited via PC

Get a replacement board from Teenix, then you can use Bluetooth! ;)

I recommend those, BTW.
(03-26-2021 07:59 PM)aurelio Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening and excuse me for a trivial question.

Build a robot to do it. Smile
(03-26-2021 10:50 PM)ijabbott Wrote: [ -> ]

Build a robot to do it. Smile

Oh, I like this solution, Ian, it can be useful for other heavy work as well Smile
Someone with better 41c experience should chime in on whether this works or not (I have a 41c but none of the needed peripherals):

1. From the PC print a barcode version of the program
2. Read the barcode into the 41c via the optical wand
3. Use the card reader to write a card for the 67
4. Read the card on the -67.

My guesses as to what might not work:
1. Card reader on -41c only reads; doesn’t write
2. Bar code only readable in -41ese; nothing translate back into-67 op codes

-kby
(03-28-2021 01:49 AM)[kby] Wrote: [ -> ]Someone with better 41c experience should chime in on whether this works or not (I have a 41c but none of the needed peripherals):

1. From the PC print a barcode version of the program
2. Read the barcode into the 41c via the optical wand
3. Use the card reader to write a card for the 67
4. Read the card on the -67.

My guesses as to what might not work:
1. Card reader on -41c only reads; doesn’t write
2. Bar code only readable in -41ese; nothing translate back into-67 op codes

-kby

While the HP-41C card reader can certainly write to cards, I don't believe it can write instructions that a HP-67 could understand.
From https://www.hpmuseum.org/hp41.htm, "The HP-41C was obviously not code compatible HP-67, however, a sophisticated translator was built into the card reader which translated programs to HP-41C code on the fly.".
@Steve Simpkin @ [kby]

Thanks for your comments.
I also thought I could solve through the HP41, actually instead of the optical wand through HP-IL, (the result does not change), but it's not possible for the reasons Steve explained, infact if you can read with a -41' reader -67's cards you can't play the same game vice versa ...

I read , after a try this old post
I wrote two very simple programs on the -41, which on the -67, are not recognized, the card reader requires additional cards (Crd).....

Doing viceversa, I've noticed that the -41 imports the -67's program adding two extra (prefix?) lines: LBL67 and LBL10
(03-26-2021 09:21 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]

Get a replacement board from Teenix, then you can use Bluetooth! Wink

I recommend those, BTW.

Hi Massimo, it seems that these boards solve a lot of problems, a well done job, once more congrat to the authors Smile
Reference URL's