HP Forums

Full Version: Looking for a copy of Free42 2.5.17 for Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every now and then, someone will ask me where they can get a copy of Free42 that runs on Windows XP. Since I don't keep backups of old versions, I have to disappoint them, but I have started to think I should put a copy of 2.5.17 (the last version that runs on XP) in my "unsupported" folder, along with all the other builds for no-longer-supported operating systems.

Could someone help me out with a copy of the original Free42Windows.zip, version 2.5.17? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Thomas
(03-25-2021 10:43 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote: [ -> ]Every now and then, someone will ask me where they can get a copy of Free42 that runs on Windows XP. Since I don't keep backups of old versions, I have to disappoint them, but I have started to think I should put a copy of 2.5.17 (the last version that runs on XP) in my "unsupported" folder, along with all the other builds for no-longer-supported operating systems.

Could someone help me out with a copy of the original Free42Windows.zip, version 2.5.17? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Thomas

You can find it here!
Many old versions of many of the programs on my site are available for download; you can see them if you create an account and log in.

So, for example, here is the version you are looking for:

https://www.hpcalc.org/historical/free42...2.5.17.zip
(03-25-2021 11:24 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote: [ -> ]You can find it here!

Alas, no... That web page says 2.5.17, but the archived zip file it links to is 2.5.22. The next older archived Free42Windows.zip appears to be 2.0.14.
I just tested it, the link from Eric is the good one.
(03-26-2021 12:04 AM)Eric Rechlin Wrote: [ -> ]Many old versions of many of the programs on my site are available for download; you can see them if you create an account and log in.

So, for example, here is the version you are looking for:

https://www.hpcalc.org/historical/free42...2.5.17.zip

Ah, I didn't realize that was there. Perfect, thank you!!!
Reference URL's