HP Forums

Full Version: PockEmul for IOS now available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am very pleased to annonce the very first release of PockEmul for IOS.
It is available from the App Store
This first release is free and includes the Casio Fx-8000g, TI-57, HP-41CX, PC-1245, PC-1350 and PC-1500. The CE-126P printer and the CE-150 plotter are also available.
It works on iPhone and iPad with iOS12 and above.

The full PockEmul for IOS with near 60 emulated models will be released later.

I had to make some deep changes on the apps to work on IOS because the system implies a lot of constraints on Threads and CPU consomption.
It is my first IOS application. The only physical IOS device I own is an iPad so my only tests on iPhone are done on the simulator.

Feedbacks are warmly welcome. (contact@pockemul.com)

[Image: ipad.jpg]

Rémy
Looks very good!

Any way to modify the run speed of the emulations ? I laughed at how slow the TI-57 factorial program that was pre-loaded ran. :-)

Of course, that's the way the TI-57 really ** is ** so it's perfect. haha.

Great job.
Gene
(03-06-2021 01:15 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to modify the run speed of the emulations ? I laughed at how slow the TI-57 factorial program that was pre-loaded ran. :-)

Yes !
Double tap on the TI-57 display to show the context menu. In the Configuration/CPU Speed, choose Maximum speed.
On my iPad I can run it up to 302x the nominal speed. :-)
Great work and amazing emulators. It even has the Epson HX-20. I use the Android PockEmul app which works great. I find it very useful to try out things for which I don't want use my physical machine in case my experiment does not work, especially when it involves plotting so I don't lose plotter pen ink and paper that are very hard to get.

Any chance to see a HP-71B emulator in the future? There are HP-71B emulators out there already, but a PockEmul version may look and feel more realistic than those.

Looking forward to your future Android and iOs PockEmul updates.

- Rob
(03-06-2021 08:29 PM)robve Wrote: [ -> ]Great work and amazing emulators. It even has the Epson HX-20. I use the Android PockEmul app which works great. I find it very useful to try out things for which I don't want use my physical machine in case my experiment does not work, especially when it involves plotting so I don't lose plotter pen ink and paper that are very hard to get.

Any chance to see a HP-71B emulator in the future? There are HP-71B emulators out there already, but a PockEmul version may look and feel more realistic than those.

Looking forward to your future Android and iOs PockEmul updates.

- Rob
Thank you so much for your support.

The next available model in Android will be the TI CC40.
Then I will work on the IOS full release.
I will take a look on the HP-71 to estimate the amount of work. The main issue will be to buy one (it is expensive) because it is quite complicate to emulate a device without testing on a real one.
(03-06-2021 08:38 PM)remy Wrote: [ -> ]The main issue will be to buy one (it is expensive) because it is quite complicate to emulate a device without testing on a real one.

Perhaps someone on this forum can lend their HP71B to remy - because it sure would be good to have the HP71B in PockEmul.
Remy, would love to see an emulation of the SR-56 if possible sometime. The TI-57 predecessor.
(03-07-2021 03:31 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]Remy, would love to see an emulation of the SR-56 if possible sometime. The TI-57 predecessor.

Noted.

For information here are the next planned models in PockEmul :
  • TI CC-40 : next release
  • PC-1211 simulator : in alpha stage. I still have some issues
  • Casio FP-200 : finished. Needs test
  • TI-58 : finished. Needs test
  • TI-59 : finished. Needs test
  • HP-48 : finished. Needs test.
  • Panasonic HHC : finished. Needs test
  • FX-702P Simulator : not yet started
  • PB-100 Simulator (or MK-85 emulator ) : not yet started
  • HP-71b : to investigate
  • SR-56 : to investigate
Remy,

Hats off to you (as the French say .. Chapeau). You are now officially the Napoleon of emulators! I have always loved the Windows implementations, and now you bring this beauty to the IOS.

Looking forward to a more complete version!

Namir
Downloaded and installed. Nice work so far. Running on iPhone 11 Pro Max. Found this small UI issue when in landscape mode, selecting which calculator/computer to run (note calc/pc name is pushed up off screen):

[Image: i-tHbQZ2K-L.png]
Thank you for your feedback.
(03-11-2021 09:36 AM)remy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your feedback.

No problem. So far it has been pretty solid. Looking forward to additional machines. Will gladly pay an upgrade fee to have a larger selection.
(03-11-2021 06:31 PM)Xorand Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. So far it has been pretty solid. Looking forward to additional machines. Will gladly pay an upgrade fee to have a larger selection.
If the same pricing model as for Android (subscription) is used that might be a disapointment.
(03-07-2021 03:44 PM)remy Wrote: [ -> ][*] PB-100 Simulator (or MK-85 emulator ) : not yet started
You could take a look here: https://github.com/digihori/pokecom2 for a working Casio PB-100 emulator. The same guy also has some Sharp emulators in his Github repo but they require original romdumps, some of them can be found in other emulator sources.
(03-11-2021 10:56 PM)johanw Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2021 03:44 PM)remy Wrote: [ -> ][*] PB-100 Simulator (or MK-85 emulator ) : not yet started
You could take a look here: https://github.com/digihori/pokecom2 for a working Casio PB-100 emulator. The same guy also has some Sharp emulators in his Github repo but they require original romdumps, some of them can be found in other emulator sources.
It is interesting for the PB-100 simulator.
Regarding Sharp emulators, PockEmul already emulates almost all of them.
Reference URL's