HP Forums

Full Version: is HP 67 display driver part 1858-0050 compatible with CA3082?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a replacement for a suspected dead 1858-0050 HP 67 display driver and I've seen mention on the forums that it is both custom HP and that it is not and is compatible with a CA3082 which can still be located.

Does someone have a definitive answer?

Alternatively, if anyone has a spare 1858-0050 or donor 67 they want to get rid of please let me know.

TIA, dmh
(02-27-2021 02:39 AM)dmh Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for a replacement for a suspected dead 1858-0050 HP 67 display driver and I've seen mention on the forums that it is both custom HP and that it is not and is compatible with a CA3082 which can still be located.

Does someone have a definitive answer?

Alternatively, if anyone has a spare 1858-0050 or donor 67 they want to get rid of please let me know.

TIA, dmh

Well there appears to be a good chance that it is an RCA CA3082 NPN 7-transistor array.
http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/hpcalc/chips/

Perhaps someone else more knowledgeable will confirm that.
If you have one segment missing across the whole display you can replace the appropriate transistor out of the network/chip. There is an article on the net somewhere.
Hi everyone

it is a good replacement part, but as said it all depends what's the failure you are trying to fix ...

take care !!
Reference URL's