HP Forums

Full Version: HP50G - Binomial Test Statistics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working my way through some test statistics, trying to recreate everything on my HP for fun and to improve my understanding. Stat49 Pro has been a great help providing inverse statistical distributions.

My problem is determining the confidence bounds for some pass/fail tests. The example has 9 successes out of 10 trials. The point estimate for reliability is 0.9, but finding the 80% confidence bounds gets a little messier. The 'approved' method used the BETAINV function in Excel. Poking around on the web showed the Clopper-Pearson method can also provide the upper and lower reliability bounds using the cumulative inverse F distribution. So far, so good.

Stat49 Pro happily determines F(20.2.0.1)=9.44 which leads to an upper reliability bound of 0.99 (matching the example). But when I try to find the lower bound, Stat49 Pro claims F(18,4,0.9)=-2.19E70 instead of the expected 0.44 to provide the 0.66 lower bound.

Does anyone know why Stat49 Pro freaked out? Checking an on-line F distribution calculator gives the expected result and asking the HP50g : 18 4 0.44 UTPF gets 0.90 as expected.

-Chris-

Ref:
https://www.liquisearch.com/binomial_pro...n_interval
Reference URL's