HP Forums

Full Version: Museum home page having a problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The home page of the museum seems to be caught in some refresh/redirect loop. I've only tested it with Chrome. It means that I can't scroll down because it instantly refreshes and takes me to the top.
No problem here with Firefox running under Linux.
I also use Google Chrome and do not have any problems. It works on both my Acer Aspire pc laptop under Win 7 and my iPad Mini.
Must be the version of Chrome. It does work properly in FireFox and Explorer. I've tried it in Chrome on two differnt systems under Vista and 7 and both show the problem. I'm running Chrome version 31.0.1650.63 m
No problem here (WinXP Pro & Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m).
Interesting. It must be some sort of interaction with my settings or a plugin I have. If I try it in an incognito window, or logged in as a different user on the same system, it works OK. Logged in as myself, it is broken across multiple systems but that's probably because I have Chrome set to sync my settings and plugins across systems.

It would be interesting to know what changed on that page from a day or two ago when it worked for me.

M.
Or you may have been hit with malware that occasionally hijack your browser to load a different link (that may itself be broken).
(12-19-2013 12:58 AM)Marcel Samek Wrote: [ -> ]Must be the version of Chrome. It does work properly in FireFox and Explorer. I've tried it in Chrome on two differnt systems under Vista and 7 and both show the problem. I'm running Chrome version 31.0.1650.63 m

I'm seeing the same behaviour here, also under Win 7 x64 with Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m. It's OK in Firefox 26.0 and on my Chromebook (not sure what version, but it's up-to-date).
Found it. It was the Evernote Web Clipper extension causing the problem. When I brought up the debug console, I could watch the content of the pages as they were in the redirect loop and could see the ID of whatever was causing the redirect. Going to the extensions page, the ID of each extension is listed. I disabled the Evernote extension (which had that IO) and lo and behold, the problem went away.
Reference URL's